Windows 10: Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl)

Discus and support Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently had an issue with my computer for the last few months, where it will turn on from sleep in the morning while I am at work, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Danni111111, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl)

Hi,

I have recently had an issue with my computer for the last few months, where it will turn on from sleep in the morning while I am at work, and remain on the entire day until I return home. I though I had solved it before, but I was clearly mistaken. Here is what my computer shows at the moment (I have just returned home to find the PC on):

1) Powercfg

Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl) [​IMG]

2) Event Viewer

3) Power Options

4) Task Scheduler (UpdateOrchestrator)

5) Task Scheduler (rempl)

6) Automatic Maintenance

My previous attempt to stop this involved disabling the rempl 'shell' and deselecting 'Wake the computer to run this task'. However, it has clearly reverted itself. I also ensured that the devices with wake permissions (mouse, keyboard and usb ports) were not the cause - when woken the source is shown in the event viewer, unlike the scheduled task.
    I have now set rempl to the following:

Powercfg -waketimers now shows up as empty, however, this did not work before as the rempl shell has reverted itself. I would like to completely, permanently disable the ability for scheduled tasks to wake my computer from any state. The only way I want to computer to turn on is if I am pressing a button myself.

Setting a timer to turn off my computer would certainly stop my computer from being on for an extended amount of time, but does not solve the underlying issue, and the fact that I absolutely do not want my computer to turn off when I need it to be on, while I am absent.

I've tried my best to detail my issue, but please let me know if further information is required. I cannot describe how fustrating it is to have computer that behaves like this. It really shoudn't be this hard to prevent unwanted automated startups (especially if they have been disabled - see power options picture).

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.14393 Build 14393

:)

Danni111111, Dec 3, 2017

2. windows task wakes up computer

This problem has also been driving me nuts for months. Despite setting the 'don't allow wake up timers' and all the other tips my PC still woke up at around 1800. Sometimes it would wake at 1200, sometimes it would wake up and shut itself down.

All the diagnostics with Powercfg failed to identify the culprit. FInally looked at Task Scheduler and scanned Active Tasks to find any that were triggered at 1800. Found one shell-usoscan whose location was rempl. Checked in Task Scheduler Microsoft-WIndows-Rempl
    and there were 7 tasks, 2 of them had 'Wake Computer to Run' ticked. Unticked and nothing happened next day. Searched for rempl and came across this thread which showed others with same problem. Also picked up hint about changing Systems privileges on the
    directory. WIll wait and see but Linux is beginning to look more and more inviting if Miscrosoft doesn't sort it's self out.

Tony501James, Dec 3, 2017
  3. Arikiis Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop wakes up from Sleep on its own

Finally someone who answers the question "how to stop the computer from waking up" and NOT how to disable some checks / updates.

Thanks, ErolD.IT !

In my case, I started with running a command promot as Admin {("windows key)+X and select "Command Prompt (Admin)".

It showed me that Timer was set, and the reason: "Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\rempl\shell' scheduled task that requests waking the computer"

I then clicked the 'start' and typed "task scheduler", and when it appeared in the list (of Apps) I right-click on it, and selected "run as Admin".

I then drilled down (left list - "Task Schedule Library" -> Microsoft ->Windows -> rempl, found on the right upper window the "shell" line, scheduled to run.

I right-clicked on that line, selected 'properties' and now I can modify the options (which were greyed out if you do not enter into properties)

In the window which opened, I clicked on the "Conditions" tab, and on the lower part of the page, under 'power' I saw it was tickmarked "wake the computer to run this task" - I un-ticked it.

I hope every night it wakes up I am able to find the culprit and disable waking the computer up, because I don't know how to see this on the hundreds of lines in the task scheduler.

Thanks again !

Arikiis, Dec 3, 2017
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl)

With respect to rempl and task scheduler (only), it has been nearly two weeks since mine was disabled (based on the last file it generated on schedule).

My OS' operating conditions/settings may differ from yours, however. WU is disabled until I'm ready to update.

The one time I thought rempl enabled on its own, I found WU was not disabled.

pyramid10, Dec 4, 2017
Thema:

Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl)

1. Scheduled task keeps waking my computer (rempl) - Similar Threads - Scheduled task keeps

2. Scheduled Task will not Wake PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Task will not Wake PC: I have a process to backup my laptop to my NAS. This is scheduled to run, with Task Scheduler, as 22:30 each evening. The process used to wake the PC and run successfully on my old laptop, but fails to wake my new HP Pavilion 15-eg3016na. Instead, the process runs as soon as...
  3. Scheduled Task will not Wake PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Task will not Wake PC: I have a process to backup my laptop to my NAS. This is scheduled to run, with Task Scheduler, as 22:30 each evening. The process used to wake the PC and run successfully on my old laptop, but fails to wake my new HP Pavilion 15-eg3016na. Instead, the process runs as soon as...
  4. Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks: Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks i also found the listed this issue listed. i try to update my command and could not. i found a recommendation to enable . here --> "Step 1: Open an elevated Task Scheduler ie. right-click on the Task Scheduler...
  5. Task "Universal Orchestrator Start" keeps waking up my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task "Universal Orchestrator Start" keeps waking up my computer: Hello, I just want to prevent Update Orchestrator from waking up my computer. I've already gone into Task Manager with pstools and the following command psexec.exe -i -s% windir% \ system32 \ mmc.exe / s taskschd.msc In the "Universal Orchestrator Start" task, I have...
  6. task scheduler/remote computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task scheduler/remote computer: Hi im trying to solve this issue to be able to do optimization for my Laptop nothing from the FAQ has resolved this issue can I ask Microsoft for support?...
  7. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks: Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal...
  8. Task Scheduler does not always wake the computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler does not always wake the computer: I'v tried just about everything, including selecting the "wake the computer" option. Hibernate or Sleep, it makes little difference. I would expect it to always work or never work, but to have it just work sometimes makes troubleshooting a real pain. 37304
  9. Scheduled Task not waking up PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Task not waking up PC.: Hello, I have made a scheduled task with the option to wake up the pc from sleep state to run a program. When I tick the option Wake the computer to run this task the computer won't wake up at the given time. I have red in a forum of MS that this was a problem in the...
  10. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

in Windows 10 Support
    Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler): HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows 10Would anyone know if there any third party app, or any other way to do this task?Many thanks 92480