Windows 10: Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309

Discus and support Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, There is a scheduled task that executes a script. It was running fine until one day it started to fail with 'Task Scheduler failed to start "Task"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sdford, Apr 4, 2022.

1. sdford Win User

Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309

Hi, There is a scheduled task that executes a script. It was running fine until one day it started to fail with 'Task Scheduler failed to start "Task" task for user "domain account". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147944309.' It failed on a Friday, ran on a Saturday, then began failing daily after that. My research on this found that 2147944309 means the account is either disabled or locked out. I double checked the account and it was neither. Server is Windows 2012. It's an RDS server so it reboots every morning. After it

:)

sdford, Apr 4, 2022

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 4, 2022
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309

App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It

We have a requirement for extremely accurate computer clock time and use a small app that that, when launched, checks with a pool of time servers and syncs our computer clock. We want to schedule this app to run every couple of hours.

The app runs properly when I launch it manually. I created a task in Task Scheduler to do this automatically every two hours and, when I manually run the task within Task Scheduler, it also runs properly. However, it will not run on on its own on a schedule.
    Task Scheduler fails to launch it.

On a different computer, another app is able to launch it when that app is launched but, again, Task Scheduler fails to launch it on a schedule.

The task is configured in Task Scheduler as follows:

GENERAL

• When running the task, use the following user account: it's my own account, and I am an Administrator on the computer
    • Run only when user is logged on
    • Run with highest privileges
    • Configure for Windows 10
    TRIGGERS

• Trigger: At task creation/modification
    • Repeat every 2 hours for a duration of indefinitely
    • Enabled
    ACTIONS

• Start a program "path...\SysTimeUpdate.exe" min ('min' being an argument)
    CONDITIONS

• none - no conditions
    SETTINGS

• Allow task to be run on demand
    • Run task as soon as possible after a schedules start is missed
    • Stop the task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    • If the running task does not end when requested, force it to stop
    • If the task is already running, then the following rule applies - Stop the existing instance

Someone suggested that my Administrator account may not have full privileges, and it may be a permissions issue but, if so, why can I launch it manually and why can another app launch it when that app is launched but Task Scheduler cannot? This very very
    baffling, and any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Samurai7388, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309

1. Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309 - Similar Threads - Scheduled Task Launch

2. Unknow Task scheduled that launches powershell with obfuscated command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknow Task scheduled that launches powershell with obfuscated command: Hello everyone, I've been noticing occasional flashes of the PowerShell window on my computer, which prompted me to investigate further. Upon investigation, I discovered that a PowerShell command is being executed. The command is heavily obfuscated, making it difficult to...
  3. Unknow Task scheduled that launches powershell with obfuscated command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknow Task scheduled that launches powershell with obfuscated command: Hello everyone, I've been noticing occasional flashes of the PowerShell window on my computer, which prompted me to investigate further. Upon investigation, I discovered that a PowerShell command is being executed. The command is heavily obfuscated, making it difficult to...
  4. Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Task Launch Failure - 2147944309: Hi, There is a scheduled task that executes a script. It was running fine until one day it started to fail with 'Task Scheduler failed to start "Task" task for user "domain account". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147944309.' It failed on a Friday, ran on a Saturday, then...
  5. Automate launch of Windows Store Apps in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automate launch of Windows Store Apps in Task Scheduler: Hi all, I've been trying to get a Windows Store app to launch at startup/login using Task Scheduler but have since failed. I used Task Manager to trace the file path of the windows app and made a Simple Task in Task Scheduler but no dice there. Anyone have any ideas?...
  6. Task Scheduler Failure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Failure in Windows 10: I recently converted to Windows 10. I had a number of jobs in Task Scheduler that ran successfully on Windows 7. The jobs call a SAS command, execute a job from that application, and write a log. They do not run in Windows 10 via the task scheduler, though all run...
  7. Task scheduler Automated Email Notification-Success/Failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler Automated Email Notification-Success/Failure: Hi Experts, I have created one task in task scheduler and it will run daily 5AM PST. I would like to create an email notification when job job failed. Is it possible to achieve in windows server 2016? Kindly let me know if you have any solution. Thanks in advance....
  8. Scheduled Task Won't Launch Program with .bat File

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled Task Won't Launch Program with .bat File: I wrote a couple simple bat files to both shut down and launch Adobe Media Encoder on a Windows 10 machine. When I double click on them, both launch and execute flawlessly. However when I schedule a task and click to run them from the scheduled task, the status just shows...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  10. Task Scheduler - launch program hidden in system tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - launch program hidden in system tray: I am using a program called ThrottleStop to undervolt my laptop. I have configured it via Task Scheduler to launch minimized at the log on of any user. Is there any way to launch it with the icon hidden in the system tray, similar to how Windows Defender works? 96563