Windows 10: scheduled task restart & logon

Discus and support scheduled task restart & logon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It is often the case that when I come to work in the morning and wake-up my desktop, automated programs get triggered and really slow down my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by usermark, Apr 12, 2019.

1. usermark Win User

scheduled task restart & logon

It is often the case that when I come to work in the morning and wake-up my desktop, automated programs get triggered and really slow down my computer and I can’t really do efficient work for a while, sometimes an hour or so. These include full disc scans mandated by the symantec client, windows updates, and various other program updates, etc. To get around this, I scheduled an automatic restart every morning at 4AM using Task scheduler, so that these automatic events would take place prior to my arrival at work. This helped. However, while the scheduled restart task performs a reboot, it stops at logon and does not actually proceed with logon since a password is required. So when I arrive in the morning and wake it up, and I am entering my password and logging on for the first time since reboot, and thus completing the reboot process. This again initiates a number of events that are programmed to begin at first logon, not at bootup. I wish to make my scheduled 4AM restart to restart and logon (both), so that all the required events take place, and when I arrive at work I only have to wake up my computer, not complete the bootup and logon. The shutdown command that I used in the task does not have any parameters (that I know of) to enable me to automatically insert my credentials and logon.

I don’t want to disable “users must enter username and passwords” in the User Accounts settings because that would create a security risk. I want my computer fully protected. But I just want the automated 4AM task to include both restart and logon. How can I do this??

Under sign-in options I have enabled “use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart”. But somehow this does not appear to work with the scheduled restart task.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

usermark, Apr 12, 2019

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 12, 2019
  4. scheduled task restart & logon

Task Scheduler service will not start.

Thank you for updating us. If Task Scheduler will not start, we suggest that you restart it. The service might be disabled that's why the task will not run. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Task Scheduler.

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Services in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
      Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select Restart.
    And have you tried running the System File Checker scan as an Administrator. For more information check this
    article. You can also perform DISM after performing SFC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

scheduled task restart & logon

1. scheduled task restart & logon - Similar Threads - scheduled task restart

2. Launch Windows 10 mail from task scheduler at logon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Launch Windows 10 mail from task scheduler at logon: I tried to automatically open the windows 10 mail app at logon by scheduling a task. I couldn't locate the exe file or anything to specify the mail app in task scheduler. Please help, if it is possible? submitted by /u/Jyo711 [link] [comments]...
  3. Task Scheduler - Trigger "At Logon" executes task BEFORE logon!?

Task Scheduler - Trigger "At Logon" executes task BEFORE logon!?: Long story short: I ended up using the Task Scheduler to run a batch file when the user logs on, which is after the user entered and confirmed their password. Or so I thought, because it's described like this on every site and every forum. Yet for some reason the task runs...
  4. Task scheduler

Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  5. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  7. Scheduled task does not run after removing RDP logon access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scheduled task does not run after removing RDP logon access: Hi, Allow me try to explain step by step: 1. I had an account in ms windows. 2. I wrote n scheduled some .bat files... worked fine 3. The admin removed rdp logon access from this account using gp. Account still exist in local admin 4.ISSUE: scheduled scripts not...
  8. Task Scheduler to restart iTunes in FOREGROUND

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler to restart iTunes in FOREGROUND: Hi ten people! I have found that my iTunes has a feature that seems to only backup my iPhone if I restart iTunes, so I have tried to create a task in Task Scheduler that would start iTunes. I was able to do that but the iTunes only runs in the background as I can see it...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  10. Scheduled Tasks - Task Manager at logon but how get Performance tab?

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Tasks - Task Manager at logon but how get Performance tab?: - I already have a Scheduled Task that starts Task Manager at every logon. But it always starts in the "Processes" tab. How can I make it start in the "Performance" tab? See screenshot: [img] Thanks. 73295