Windows 10: Scheduled task spills into the next period

Discus and support Scheduled task spills into the next period in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler that runs every hour. The task is running a Java JAR, and it's actually taking longer than an hour. Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by infcl, Oct 26, 2018.

1. infcl Win User

Scheduled task spills into the next period

I have a task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler that runs every hour. The task is running a Java JAR, and it's actually taking longer than an hour. Task Scheduler is terminating the task run when it reaches an hour and starting the next run. Is it possible to not terminate any existing runs when starting a run?

:)

infcl, Oct 26, 2018

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Scheduled task spills into the next period

Cannot schedule a task with Task Scheduler - error 2147942403

Hi,

I suggest you to check the below settings and check fi it helps.

• In task scheduler, click on the scheduled job properties > then settings.
    • In the last listed option: "If the task is already running, the following rule applies:"
    • Select "Stop the existing instance" from the drop down list.
    • Save and Exit. Then check whether the task is running or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Scheduled task spills into the next period

1. Scheduled task spills into the next period - Similar Threads - Scheduled task spills

2. Task scheduler!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler!: Hi again, I clicked on Defrag optimise files and this came up! I have been into services to try and start it but no joy! Not had this problem before!Any ideas?Windows 10 22H2Brian...
  3. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  4. Task to be scheduled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task to be scheduled: Hi,My requirement is that systemwhich flap is down and it is shutdown should turn on daily 7 amIt should open MS Teams and certain more apps.I tried the Windows Task scheduler but No such optionCan anyone suggest any Program for this or guide me for this requirement in Task...
  5. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler: Hey r/windows10, I'm trying to use Task Scheduler, and struggling. I've looked around on the internet for solutions, but either my searches aren't worded right, or this isn't a common question, but essentially what I'm trying to do is make my computer shut down at 2am if I...
  6. Schedule a task to periodically delete certain folders of non admin user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Schedule a task to periodically delete certain folders of non admin user: Hi friends, I have a windows 10 home premium computer with two users, one admin controlled by me and one non-admin user that I want to make for friends. The user will be local to my computer. I want to accomplish two things: 1 every 48 hours I want a powershell script to run...
  7. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  8. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  9. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...