Windows 10: Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

Discus and support Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by modemman11, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall Windows 10 after upgrading to it, and forgot to write down my settings for this.

I have a simple batch file that I want to run after the computer is idle for 15 minutes. I also want it so that if it runs, then the computer is used and becomes idle again, it runs again after another 15 minutes of idle. However, it seems like no matter what I do, it always runs after only 4 to 5 minutes of idle time. Any ideas as to how I can get it to be what I want?

General tab:
    User to run as is my own user account (that's always logged in)
    Run only when logged in
    Run with highest privileges
    Configure for Windows 10

Only trigger I have is "on idle", with only ENABLED being checked.
    Only action I have is "start a program", which is the batch file.

Conditions tab:
    Start only if idle after for: 15 minutes.
    Wait for idle: Do not wait (but doesn't matter what I set it to as it makes no change)
    Stop if computer ceases to be idle = checked
    Restart if idle state resumes = not checked
    Start only on AC power = checked
    Stop if switched to battery power = checked
    Wake computer to run task = not checked
    Start only if network connection available = not checked

Settings tab:
    Allow task to be run on demand = checked
    Run ASAP after scheduled start is missed = not checked
    If task fails, restart every = not checked
    Stop task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    If task does not stop when requested, force it = checked
    If task is not scheduled to run again, delete it = not checked
    If already running, stop existing instance

:)

modemman11, Jan 2, 2016
  2. marissi Win User

Putting win10 to hibernate after idling for 1hour

I'm using Task Scheduler to setup job for hibernating pc. It works when trigger is on schedule, but not on idle! When its set to idle it does nothing!

marissi, Jan 2, 2016
  3. ВеСе Win User
    windows task wakes up computer

I disabled it and it's triggers from Task Scheduler. Also checked the option to start only on idle PC (mine is rarely idle Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon ;)).

ВеСе, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

1. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon - Similar Threads - Scheduled task run

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  5. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  6. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  7. Scheduled Task Not Running, Triggered Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled Task Not Running, Triggered Randomly: I have a task set up to run one time on a scheduled time. Sleep settings set to never. I can put it for example 1 hour away from now and leave my computer idle. The task does not run then my computer discharges. When i turn on computer normally, task is then triggered even...
  8. Task scheduler screenshot trigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler screenshot trigger?: So what event would you use for windows task scheduler if your trying to make it so everytime I take a rectangle screenshot with the snipping tool it automatically saves it to a folder? submitted by /u/Pacman042 [link] [comments]...
  9. Task Scheduler - On Idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - On Idle: I have a script I created to run after the PC has been idle for one hour. It seems as though no matter what terms I define for trigger conditions, it will run after 10 minutes. 10 minutes is not a condition I have defined anywhere in the Task Scheduler. Is there an actual...
  10. Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon: I have a scheduled task that is set to run every 15 minutes checking for an idle condition and then running a batch command if it's idle. I set: Start only if the computer is idle for: 50 minutes Wait for idle: 15 minutes Somehow I think it's always triggering now, as if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler runs too soon