Windows 10: Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

Discus and support Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by modemman11, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall Windows 10 after upgrading to it, and forgot to write down my settings for this.

I have a simple batch file that I want to run after the computer is idle for 15 minutes. I also want it so that if it runs, then the computer is used and becomes idle again, it runs again after another 15 minutes of idle. However, it seems like no matter what I do, it always runs after only 4 to 5 minutes of idle time. Any ideas as to how I can get it to be what I want?

General tab:
    User to run as is my own user account (that's always logged in)
    Run only when logged in
    Run with highest privileges
    Configure for Windows 10

Only trigger I have is "on idle", with only ENABLED being checked.
    Only action I have is "start a program", which is the batch file.

Conditions tab:
    Start only if idle after for: 15 minutes.
    Wait for idle: Do not wait (but doesn't matter what I set it to as it makes no change)
    Stop if computer ceases to be idle = checked
    Restart if idle state resumes = not checked
    Start only on AC power = checked
    Stop if switched to battery power = checked
    Wake computer to run task = not checked
    Start only if network connection available = not checked

Settings tab:
    Allow task to be run on demand = checked
    Run ASAP after scheduled start is missed = not checked
    If task fails, restart every = not checked
    Stop task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    If task does not stop when requested, force it = checked
    If task is not scheduled to run again, delete it = not checked
    If already running, stop existing instance

:)

modemman11, Jan 2, 2016
  2. marissi Win User

Putting win10 to hibernate after idling for 1hour

I'm using Task Scheduler to setup job for hibernating pc. It works when trigger is on schedule, but not on idle! When its set to idle it does nothing!

marissi, Jan 2, 2016
  3. ВеСе Win User
    windows task wakes up computer

I disabled it and it's triggers from Task Scheduler. Also checked the option to start only on idle PC (mine is rarely idle Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon ;)).

ВеСе, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

1. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon - Similar Threads - Scheduled task run

2. Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task: My machine updated to 1903 last month, and while disabling the reboot tasks in \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\, I accidentally disabled and deleted the triggers for the Schedule Scan task instead. I re-enabled the task hoping it would Windows Update would fix it on its...
  3. Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler: Hi everyone, I have a problem to DISABLE some existing tasks on Tasks Scheduler. And I think, these tasks were added by Microsoft when I upgrade my windows 10 to version 1903. When I try to disable , I go the permission denied. I tried to use my account and my account...
  4. Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled task triggered at wrong time: I've created a task which should run every 3rd of a month. The trigger is [ATTACH] <Triggers> <CalendarTrigger> <StartBoundary>2016-11-16T02:00:00</StartBoundary> <Enabled>true</Enabled> <ScheduleByMonth> <DaysOfMonth>...
  5. Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously

Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously: Hello, I am trying to use Task Scheduler to run two never-ending batch files on the idle mode trigger. The issue is that instead of running both apps at the same time it starts the second one only after the first one has closed. Is there any way to specify in the settings...
  6. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  7. Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored: This should be pretty simple but really has me stumped. I have a scheduled task that is specified to only run if the computer is idle for 50 minutes. This works on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 it never honors the idle condition. It always runs immediately. This happens on...
  8. Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon: I have a scheduled task that is set to run every 15 minutes checking for an idle condition and then running a batch command if it's idle. I set: Start only if the computer is idle for: 50 minutes Wait for idle: 15 minutes Somehow I think it's always triggering now, as if...
  9. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger: Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible? Thanks in advance, David...
  10. Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler: I want to create a task in task scheduler that runs on a monthly basis but I can't select the Months. When I click on the drop down menu to select them, nothing happens (the drop down menu doesn't appear). The same is true for the "Days" and "On" sub-options: [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler runs too soon