Windows 10: Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

Discus and support Scheduled task triggered at wrong time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've created a task which should run every 3rd of a month. The trigger is [ATTACH] <Triggers> <CalendarTrigger>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ron Queloz, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

I've created a task which should run every 3rd of a month. The trigger is

Scheduled task triggered at wrong time 4644a695-3470-4693-b5ba-b81a527f6b2e?upload=true.png

<Triggers>

<CalendarTrigger>

<StartBoundary>2016-11-16T02:00:00</StartBoundary>

<Enabled>true</Enabled>

<ScheduleByMonth>

<DaysOfMonth>

<Day>3</Day>

</DaysOfMonth>

<Months>

<January />

<February />

<March />

<April />

<May />

<June />

<July />

<August />

<September />

<October />

<November />

<December />

</Months>

</ScheduleByMonth>

</CalendarTrigger>

</Triggers>

But the task did run on the 2nd of the current month (June):

Scheduled task triggered at wrong time fa2f4dbf-3a7c-4d8e-a2d5-5dcd14a89b65?upload=true.png What's wrong here?

Thanks, Ron.

:)

Ron Queloz, Jun 2, 2019

2. Task Scheduler: task gets triggered by event but does not start

I know a thing or two about the Task Scheduer but so far I am unable to wrap my mind around your problem. Here is why:

• I do not recognise the screen snapshot your posted. What is it?
    • What event is supposed to trigger the scheduled task?
    • What is the scheduled task supposed to run?
    • You write "there is the initial event 108 showing the event getting triggered". How can an event trigger another event?
    • Do time-triggered tasks work reliably?

Frederik Long, Jun 2, 2019
  3. CoreUP Win User
    Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

I've created a task to trigger every month on the second Wednesday. This month is Sept 2016. The task popped up on the 7th, which is the first Wednesday. The task should have occurred on the 14th.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Sorry if this get sent to the wrong topic forum. There doesn't seem to be a topic for windows built-in apps.

CoreUP, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Wim Spaak Win User

Windows Task Scheduler does not trigger a task, after a PC-restart during the day

Hi Jarius,

Thank you for your reply.

• On October 25, 2016, I checked the Windows Task Scheduler settings, according to your advice.
    • The next morning I powered-on my PC at 09:30 and made a screendump of the Task Scheduler at 10:08.

At that time 2 of my 5 scheduled backup task were triggered conform schedule and the according backups were carried out correctly (see the green framed surfaces in the 10:08 window below)
    • I powered-off my PC at 10:12 and powered it on again at 15:45.

Scheduled task triggered at wrong time ec2f4458-2467-4cd3-b485-49a57dde937b.jpg

• At 15:50 I made a sreendump of the Task Scheduler window, where was indicated that 3 backup tasks were carried out correctly in the past at about 10:00 (see the green framed surfaces in the 15:50 window in the picture above).
    • At 16:40 I made a screendump again. Now the backup task that were triggered after the first power-on at about 10:00, now were not triggered anymore (the red framed surfaces in the 16:40 window) and the backup task that were not triggered during the first
      power-on, were now triggered correctly at about 16:00 (the green framed surfaces in the 16:40 window).
    • I also made screendumps again at 17:40 and 18:40. In both cases the backup tasks triggered during the first power-on at 9:30 were not triggered anymore and the backup tasks that were not triggered during the first power-on were correctly triggered with
      the scheduled 1 hour interval.

My conclusion:

• If my PC is powered-on before the first scheduled backup task, all backup job triggers are carried out conform schedule.
    • After a PC restart the previously triggered backup task are not triggered anymore during the rest of the day.
    • Only backup tasks that were not triggered before the PC restart, are triggered correctly after the PC restart.
    • A manual run of a backup task always result in a correct backup task trigger.

This must be a bug in the Windows Task Scheduler.

I hope you will find a solution for this problem.

Best regards, Wim

Wim Spaak, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Scheduled task triggered at wrong time - Similar Threads - Scheduled task triggered

2. Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.: Hi I am creating windows task scheduler using windows forms app in c# and library i used is Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler. Task is getting created successfully and account to execute this task is NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. But, task does not run automatically at scheduled...
  3. Trigger Task Scheduler by connection and disconnection of a wireless headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trigger Task Scheduler by connection and disconnection of a wireless headphone: Hi all, I want to trigger a task in Task Scheduler by the event of connecting my Jabra Evolve MS 65 headphone to my PC. How is that event logged? Which log? Regards, Paul...
  4. Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Default Triggers for Schedule Scan Task: My machine updated to 1903 last month, and while disabling the reboot tasks in \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\, I accidentally disabled and deleted the triggers for the Schedule Scan task instead. I re-enabled the task hoping it would Windows Update would fix it on its...
  5. task scheduler: wrong time of action activation

task scheduler: wrong time of action activation: task scheduler:Action with the trigger set to log in any user activates only the moment when the laptop is connected to the power source. The action activates with the highest level of authorisation. (this is my own action). program which i set as task scheduler action(.bat...
  6. task scheduler: wrong activation time

task scheduler: wrong activation time: task scheduler:Action with the trigger set to log in any user activates only the moment when the laptop is connected to the power source. The action activates with the highest level of authorisation. (this is my own action). program which i set as task scheduler action(.bat...
  7. Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon: I have a scheduled task that is set to run every 15 minutes checking for an idle condition and then running a batch command if it's idle. I set: Start only if the computer is idle for: 50 minutes Wait for idle: 15 minutes Somehow I think it's always triggering now, as if...
  8. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger: Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible? Thanks in advance, David...
  9. Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler: I want to create a task in task scheduler that runs on a monthly basis but I can't select the Months. When I click on the drop down menu to select them, nothing happens (the drop down menu doesn't appear). The same is true for the "Days" and "On" sub-options: [ATTACH]...
  10. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon: I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall Windows 10 after upgrading to it, and forgot to write down my settings for this. I have a simple batch file that I want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler wrong time zone