Windows 10: Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System

Discus and support Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, Hoping someone can shed some light on this mystery! In basics, I have two scheduled tasks set by group policy to call upon a .bat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carl Allen carl.allen, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System

Good Afternoon,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this mystery!

In basics, I have two scheduled tasks set by group policy to call upon a .bat script. However, one keeps being deleted by 'NT AUTHORITY\System account for seemingly no reason. This only affects one task and they are identical in set up apart from different names obviously and calling upon different .bat scripts at different times.

Just to clarify, the task is not set to delete after so many days etc.

Please see attached

Many thanks,

Carl

Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System 989e3022-0766-4df5-a549-b1640dfc822b?upload=true.png

Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System 7df86d9a-a36c-42d9-887d-bc427dd6cae9?upload=true.png

:)

Carl Allen carl.allen, Jan 27, 2021
  2. tracit99 Win User

Task Scheduler issue

I did a,b, and c and Task Scheduler is non-functional now. Not one single task is shown. Also tried repair install, but still have problem with 'Task Scheduler is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it'.

tracit99, Jan 27, 2021
  3. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System

NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system

It doesn't log you into another user, you are running cmd.exe under a system process when you use utilman, So anything you then run under cmd.exe is running with the authority of 'NT authority\system'

Kind Regards,

Elise

EliseM_456, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System

1. Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System - Similar Threads - Scheduled Tasks being

2. I deleted WindowsColorSystem task in task scheduler by mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted WindowsColorSystem task in task scheduler by mistake: Hi,I deleted WindowsColorSystem task in task scheduler by mistake, and now I can't calibrate the color in my windows 10.I want to re-create the task but I'm not sure which details should be inputted. It continuously says 'Display Color Calibration can't save the new...
  3. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  4. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  5. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Tasks still show in Task Scheduler despite being deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Tasks still show in Task Scheduler despite being deleted: I deleted some tasks in windows\system32\tasks, but they still show up in the scheduler. What gives? edit: It's not all of them actually, which is even more puzzling. I saw Remote assitance one and that stupid Xbox service. 173711
  7. What is the "DataSenseLiveTileTask" task in task scheduler? Can it be deleted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the "DataSenseLiveTileTask" task in task scheduler? Can it be deleted?: In the task scheduler, there is a folder named "s-1-5-21-2881527052-4235384186-2555224567-1001", in which a task named "DataSenseLiveTileTask" is disabled and last run in November 1999. What is this thing for? Can it be deleted? Thanks for answering for me[ATTACH]...
  8. Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler: Hi I have setup Windows Backup to utilise a spare internal hard disk, it works well. I have some large files which change quite regularly which are filling the disk quickly. I have setup a Scheduled task that uses Forfiles to delete old copies of these files, everything...
  9. Task Scheduler Restore Point deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler Restore Point deleted: BACKGROUND: I am attempting to create a Restore Point on 4 different computers in my office. I am successfully able to manually create a restore point using powershell.exe. Action: -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "Checkpoint-Computer -Description \"BDRE-CHRIS Restore...
  10. Windows Background.wav being run by Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Background.wav being run by Task Scheduler: I reinstalled my PC with newest Windows 10 Build 1903 Now I have a problem for some reason my PC keeps running Windows Background.wav I traced it down to the Exclamation and System Notification being the one triggered. I did this by stripping away all sounds but the ones...