Windows 10: Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

Discus and support Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I'm new to Windows 10, but just installed my first instance of Windows 10 Pro on an older laptop with a new SSD. Right now I'm configuring the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJ Johnson, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

Hi. I'm new to Windows 10, but just installed my first instance of Windows 10 Pro on an older laptop with a new SSD.

Right now I'm configuring the system, installing software, creating tasks, all that good stuff. The user account I'm using is an Administrator.

A small problem I'm having is that when I go to the Task Scheduler and create a new task, or try editing an existing one, I cannot set any of the options on either Conditions or Setting tabs. I'm creating a task that I want to execute at logon - just something that runs a small utility program. I noticed that by default the Power settings under Conditions have 'Start the task only if the computer is on AC power' enabled, which does me no good on a laptop.

What exactly do I need to do?

:)

JJ Johnson, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows Task Scheduler runs missed tasks when configured not to run if missed

I created a scheduled task with the "Conditions" "Start only if the following network connection is available" checked and selected "Any connection". Within the task settings the option "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed" unchecked.

I disabled the network connection and let the scheduled time to elapse. The task did not run due to the above conditions. However when I enabled the network connection the task started despite the setting "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start
    is missed" unchecked.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

MikeSarahAppleby, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Wakeup task not working in Windows10

Upon upgrading to windows 10 the task scheduler will NOT wake up my machine. I have tried many different "actions, conditions, and settings". Nothing seems to work.

Current setting:

Action Start program C:\\windows\system32\cmd.exe, Argument \c"exit"

Conditions: Wake to run task

Settings: None

RickMcKenney, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

Ok. I think I figured it out. Must double-click or right-click and select Properties to edit those settings. I guess the other view is read-only.

JJ Johnson, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

1. Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set - Similar Threads - Scheduled Tasks Conditions

2. Task Manager Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Settings: Time shows on Task Manager on Task Bar. Would like Date to show as well. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-settings/b9ff03b5-a332-4e45-8293-6993b0cf9b7b
  3. Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored: This should be pretty simple but really has me stumped. I have a scheduled task that is specified to only run if the computer is idle for 50 minutes. This works on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 it never honors the idle condition. It always runs immediately. This happens on...
  4. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...
  5. Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler: Hello, I’m working on a laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520, if it somehow matters) and it’s running Windows 10 build 17134. I’ve been having some issues with the screen lately, it started after the last update - Just a few seconds after the computer boots, it dims. Every time it...
  6. Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks: I thought I was the administrator? Apparently not. I wish there was a real equivalent to root on Windows, le sigh. How do I fix this? https://i.imgur.com/q1Qq4yf.png 109820
  7. Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?: I did some testing on my Win 10 box and I had selected to Notify for Scheduled Restart when updates are completed installing. I had set my own preference schedule, for example 18:45 today (which was in fact yesterday). Anyways, I ran the Check for Updates and when the...
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore. I put in the scheduler the same words but when it is time to go, a pop up comes and asks "what...
  9. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler: Will this work without username password logging on? In windows7 you had to have password to make it work. 35020
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: Does anyone know how often the app update task schedule runs? And how to change it? I have auto app updates switched off but I know the update checker still runs. As I will sometimes open store and see app updates waiting to be manually downloaded. I'm not saying the above...