Windows 10: Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

Discus and support Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I'm new to Windows 10, but just installed my first instance of Windows 10 Pro on an older laptop with a new SSD. Right now I'm configuring the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJ Johnson, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

Hi. I'm new to Windows 10, but just installed my first instance of Windows 10 Pro on an older laptop with a new SSD.

Right now I'm configuring the system, installing software, creating tasks, all that good stuff. The user account I'm using is an Administrator.

A small problem I'm having is that when I go to the Task Scheduler and create a new task, or try editing an existing one, I cannot set any of the options on either Conditions or Setting tabs. I'm creating a task that I want to execute at logon - just something that runs a small utility program. I noticed that by default the Power settings under Conditions have 'Start the task only if the computer is on AC power' enabled, which does me no good on a laptop.

What exactly do I need to do?

:)

JJ Johnson, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows Task Scheduler runs missed tasks when configured not to run if missed

I created a scheduled task with the "Conditions" "Start only if the following network connection is available" checked and selected "Any connection". Within the task settings the option "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed" unchecked.

I disabled the network connection and let the scheduled time to elapse. The task did not run due to the above conditions. However when I enabled the network connection the task started despite the setting "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start
    is missed" unchecked.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

MikeSarahAppleby, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Wakeup task not working in Windows10

Upon upgrading to windows 10 the task scheduler will NOT wake up my machine. I have tried many different "actions, conditions, and settings". Nothing seems to work.

Current setting:

Action Start program C:\\windows\system32\cmd.exe, Argument \c"exit"

Conditions: Wake to run task

Settings: None

RickMcKenney, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

Ok. I think I figured it out. Must double-click or right-click and select Properties to edit those settings. I guess the other view is read-only.

JJ Johnson, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

1. Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set - Similar Threads - Scheduled Tasks Conditions

2. Is the Idle condition of the win10 task scheduler broken for years on win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Idle condition of the win10 task scheduler broken for years on win10?: I have been trying for literally years to get my PC to fully shutdown if it's idle for more than about 20hours, here the task that should work: https://i.imgur.com/ubxQzoR.png but the result is that the task execute as soon as planned totally ignoring the idle condition Any...
  3. Set Task Scheduler by CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Task Scheduler by CMD: Excuse me. I’m a programer from Taiwan. I have a question about Windows Task Scheduler. Now, I have a exe program which is made by python pyinstaller need to use Task Scheduler to start it. Therefore, I use CMD to create schedule by command line:schtasks –F /create /sc once...
  4. Set Task Scheduler by CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Task Scheduler by CMD: Excuse me. I’m a programer from Taiwan. I have a question about Windows Task Scheduler. Now, I have a exe program which is made by python pyinstaller need to use Task Scheduler to start it. Therefore, I use CMD to create schedule by command line:schtasks –F /create /sc once...
  5. Set Task Scheduler by CMD

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Task scheduler ignoring my settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler ignoring my settings: I recently set up a NAS to use for things like backups and whatnot. Saturday afternoon I set up a task to run my file sync program for weekly at 1AM Monday morning while I am sleeping and my "normal use" programs and whatnot are not running so relevant files can be backed up....
  7. task scheduler setting affects script RESULT

in Windows 10 Support
    task scheduler setting affects script RESULT: Pro 20H2 Script always performs without problem. Every line in script is solid and happy. I, an Administrator, own script file. Administrators and System have full control of it. No inheritance. Task does nothing more than to run the script. Testing of task: I manually...
  8. Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set: We have a process that creates a scheduled task on the fly and that works great, however I can't find any documentation on how to change the logon Type from InteractiveToken to Password and how to store the password outside the task scheduler so the job will run if the user...
  9. Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored: This should be pretty simple but really has me stumped. I have a scheduled task that is specified to only run if the computer is idle for 50 minutes. This works on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 it never honors the idle condition. It always runs immediately. This happens on...
  10. Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks: I thought I was the administrator? Apparently not. I wish there was a real equivalent to root on Windows, le sigh. How do I fix this? https://i.imgur.com/q1Qq4yf.png 109820