Windows 10: Scheduled Tasks that run every hour

Discus and support Scheduled Tasks that run every hour in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I notice that there are several tasks that are scheduled to run every day every hour. Most notably HP, Epson, & GoogleUpdateTaskMachine. This seems a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by phrab, Nov 8, 2018.

1. phrab Win User

Scheduled Tasks that run every hour

I notice that there are several tasks that are scheduled to run every day every hour. Most notably HP, Epson, & GoogleUpdateTaskMachine. This seems a little excessive & I wonder if anyone feels this should be changed to once a week or something similar, without causing any problems. This is especially true of the printers, which are rarely updated. Is this an excessive use of resources or am I just being paranoid?Thanks in advance for any advice!

:)

phrab, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Monica Cam Win User

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Antoneth Ber Win User
    Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Karthicka_R Win User

Cannot schedule a task with Task Scheduler - error 2147942403

Hi,

I suggest you to check the below settings and check fi it helps.

• In task scheduler, click on the scheduled job properties > then settings.
    • In the last listed option: "If the task is already running, the following rule applies:"
    • Select "Stop the existing instance" from the drop down list.
    • Save and Exit. Then check whether the task is running or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Scheduled Tasks that run every hour - Similar Threads - Scheduled Tasks run

2. Task Scheduler doesn't run script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't run script: Hey Microsoft Community, I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler that runs a specific script. The issue is that when the task runs (whether I do it manually or if it's scheduled), the script doesn't actually get executed. I know that the script works, and I have tried...
  3. Windows Task Scheduler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Scheduler not running: Hello, i am trying to install Nvidia Geforce experience but it says Windows Task Scheduler not running, so i cant install it. i even went to services.msc and tried to start but i get error message that it "started and stopped suddenly."Some services may stop if they are...
  4. Task Scheduler-service not running?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler-service not running?: I have a problem with task scheduler-service. I wanted to update my Nvidia driver when i got a message that i could not update it because task scheduler wasnt running tried so many things but nothing is working and i really want to know why. can someone please help?...
  5. Task Scheduler will not run Vista WinCal.exe Reminders

Task Scheduler will not run Vista WinCal.exe Reminders: I prefer to use the old Vista WinCal.exe as a local calendar on my PC because it runs in the background and provides timely reminders of appointments and events without having to sign in to an e-mail account. I was able to set it up and have Task Scheduler run reminders on...
  6. How to run a program in task scheduler?

How to run a program in task scheduler?: I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and wondered if there is a guide for W10 64 anywhere or if anyone can tell me how? Many thanks in advance! John. 13863
  7. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely: Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates...
  8. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  9. Tasks running but not appearing in Task Scheduler: Need to edit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tasks running but not appearing in Task Scheduler: Need to edit: Hi. After upgrade to windows 10, tasks still run but don't appear in task scheduler so I can't edit them. Where are they kept? More importantly, how to I get them to show up where I can edit them? When opening Task Scheduler I get at least 50 boxes I have to close before I...
  10. Task Scheduler not running programs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not running programs...: Hello Guys, I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Tried using Task Scheduler to automatically run Good Sync program on a predefined schedule. However, it fails to run the program. My user account has administrative priviledges. Thanks for your replies. 37970