Windows 10: Scheduled windows updates hang on black screen

Discus and support Scheduled windows updates hang on black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've searched around a bit for this issue and I haven't found anything, so here we are.My system wants to restart my computer whenever it gets an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Azzy_8903, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Azzy_8903 Win User

Scheduled windows updates hang on black screen

I've searched around a bit for this issue and I haven't found anything, so here we are.My system wants to restart my computer whenever it gets an update, so I tell it to do it outside of active hours and it doesn't bother me and gets the updates done. Or at least it's supposed to.It downloads and prepares the updates for install and then I go to sleep and it restarts my computer at the selected time. I get up the next morning, and my computer has maximum fans and is very hot. I open it and the screen is black, when I press a button on the keyboard, the keyboard lights up but that's the only re

:)

Azzy_8903, Sep 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 install problem with a black screen and hangs

Original title: WIndows 10 install problem

Left Windows 10 update to install overnight last night.

In the morning it appears to be hanging on black screen with Windows 10 logo and circling dots (dots are frozen and not moving).

Hard drive activity light is solid green and not flashing on and off.

Suggestion and/or next steps would be appreciated. Thanks

TrentMayers, Sep 16, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Scheduled windows updates hang on black screen

Black Dots appears on screen

The thread which u provided is when windows hang but in my case it doesn't hang it works fine but as u see in first picture icons,taskbar are displayed

Kushal Bansal, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Scheduled windows updates hang on black screen

1. Scheduled windows updates hang on black screen - Similar Threads - Scheduled updates hang

2. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screens/Hangs: HelloThe past few days my PC have been getting random black screens/ hangs forcing me to force restart my pc. It does not give any error message at all so I'm at a loss. This happens randomly when i'm idling on desktop or after closing an application.I have tried some cmd...
  3. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens/Hangs: HelloThe past few days my PC have been getting random black screens/ hangs forcing me to force restart my pc. It does not give any error message at all so I'm at a loss. This happens randomly when i'm idling on desktop or after closing an application.I have tried some cmd...
  4. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Task Scheduler Hang/Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Hang/Freeze: Hi guys,May I ask, why is that Task Scheduler hangs/freezes after I open it?When that happens, I have to use Task Manager to kill it.If you can paint a general explanation or work-around, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank youEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on...
  6. Task Scheduler Hang/Freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Hang/Freeze: Hi guys,May I ask, why is that Task Scheduler hangs/freezes after I open it?When that happens, I have to use Task Manager to kill it.If you can paint a general explanation or work-around, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank youEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on...
  7. Task Scheduler Hang/Freeze

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows crash, freeze or hang on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows crash, freeze or hang on black screen: Hi, i have acer e1-572g under and i installed windows 10 x64, once the windows start updating the issue start with the updatemicro chip driver display The laptop contian amd r7 m265 display card and the windows is not installing the correct driver. and when i do it...
  9. Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update: Hey guys I just got done installing the Creator's Update and whenever I log in to any profile it just hangs at a black screen with a dialog saying "Preparing to delete from Programs" along with "Discovered 0 items (0 bytes...). It's done it on both local and active directory...
  10. Window starts then hangs at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Window starts then hangs at black screen: On another window system. The window starts, but it hangs after the window logo with the little dots swirling in a circle. Then it boots to a black screen and just stops. No error code, nothing at all. I already tried to fix startup repair, sfc /scannow and dism. sfc...