Windows 10: scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender

Discus and support scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to schedule antivirus scans in Windows 10 using Windows Securityex Defender. I used the Task Scheduler and could not find a folder for Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndySoper, Sep 9, 2020.

1. AndySoper Win User

scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender

I want to schedule antivirus scans in Windows 10 using Windows Securityex Defender.

I used the Task Scheduler and could not find a folder for Windows Defender. I discovered that Windows Defender is now called Windows Security. I could not find that either. Windows Security reports multiple scans but does not say when they were made.

Please Advise

:)

AndySoper, Sep 9, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Anti Virus & Scheduling Scans.

Microsoft Security Essentials is neither designed for nor compatible with Windows 10.

Win8/10 has an in-built Anti-Virus product: Windows Defender

Windows Defender in Win8/10 is like Microsoft Security Essentials in
    Win7.

I suggest you read:

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

What’s the Best Antivirus for Windows 10? (Is Windows Defender Good Enough?)

How to Use the Built-in Windows Defender Antivirus on Windows 10

=============

With regard to your question how to schedule scans:

Reply of Stephen Boots in another

thread
    :

You do not need to modify the scan schedule for Defender. By default it runs as part of maintenance. If one is not run in a while, Defender will prompt you via the Notification Center to run one manually.

You can change the time for the scheduled task or you can create a new task if you wish to run a weekly or monthly full scan, for example. See here:

Scan schedule for Windows 10?

Note that a scan is "after the fact" to catch something that real time protection has missed.

============

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Oldhead Win User

Schedule Defender Scans

No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK.
    Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this .

Proceeded to insert new scheduled scan >start date >time .Clicked ok
    Why has task scheduler shown all four previous scheduled tasks .Ready -No last runtime 30-11-99 12am (0x41303) No history
    I was under the impression ,that with windows defender it was set up to run as auto each day and then on demand from user ,similiar to how various open market anti virus programs.

Oldhead, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender - Similar Threads - scheduling virus scan

2. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?: Can I schedule a virus scan through Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-schedule-a-virus-scan-on-defender/4565ea64-c4be-4ef0-905e-7ee0219ae6d8
  3. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?: Can I schedule a virus scan through Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-schedule-a-virus-scan-on-defender/4565ea64-c4be-4ef0-905e-7ee0219ae6d8
  4. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Scheduling a Scan in Windows Security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduling a Scan in Windows Security: I've stopped using all the outside antivirus stuff. Too much bs to put up with. I have Windows Defender firewall, and Windows Security turned on. However, I read that you can run a scheduled scan in Windows Security, but I've looked over "scan options", and I don't see where...
  6. Windows Defender Scan Schedule

Windows Defender Scan Schedule: TWO QUESTIONS here... 1 Why is there absolutely no information in the "Task Scheduler" pertaining to exactly WHEN and HOW OFTEN the default/automated Windows Defender scans are run? 2 Yes, there are "Triggers" available to customize scan schedule. But does this cause the...
  7. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  8. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?: Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not...