Windows 10: Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings

Discus and support Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've read here that one can schedule a scan in Windows Defender by using Maintenance Settings. They say to go: CONTROL PANEL > SECURITY & MAINTENANCE... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mwidunn, Dec 1, 2018.

1. mwidunn Win User

Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings

I've read here that one can schedule a scan in Windows Defender by using Maintenance Settings.

They say to go: CONTROL PANEL > SECURITY & MAINTENANCE > MAINTENANCE CHEVRON > "CHANGE MAINTENANCE SETTINGS"

Yet, as can be seen from my screen capture below, Maintenance Settings indicates nothing nowhere about how to schedule or change the schedule of a Windows Defender scan.

So, . . . where is it?

Thanks!

Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings 727bf1df-843b-4c5d-bf66-eb347c76e4c3?upload=true.jpg

:)

mwidunn, Dec 1, 2018

2. Setting the Scan Schedule in Defender

You can schedule your Full Scan by following the steps provided here:

How do I set Windows Defender to a custom auto scan

However, there’s currently an issue where scheduled scans will only run sporadically when they're running under the
    System account – so when you get to step 7, don’t change the user account – leave it at its default (administrator).

Automatic Maintenance normally runs a daily Quick Scan, but since the Automatic Maintenance scan runs under the
    System account by default, it’s also being affected by this same issue:

What Determines When Windows Defender will Follow Its Scheduled Quick Scan?

GreginMich, Dec 2, 2018
  3. How to schedule Windows defender scan?

There’s no need for that. There’s still a Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task (daily Quick Scan) in Task Scheduler, but the scheduling options are gone from Windows Defender because your “scheduled scan” no longer needs to be scheduled. The
    scheduled scan task is now run by Automatic Maintenance, which is simply a higher-level scheduled task that runs in “full automation” mode. So even though you do have a time-of-day setting for Automatic Maintenance, you can just ignore that setting. If
    you just leave the setting at its default scheduled time, and turn your PC off at the end of the day, then Automatic Maintenance will be triggered shortly after startup the next day; and it will be started whenever the system reaches idle. Then if you start
    using your PC, Automatic Maintenance will stop and wait for the next idle; but if you leave the PC on for a good part of the day, then the “maintenance man” should be able to find a time slot where the system remains idle long enough for him to get his maintenance
    chores done.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start/windows-10-how-do-i-set-windows-defenders-scan/f399bb87-37c9-4a74-bb35-1d7e3d3c2436

GreginMich, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings

Scan schedule for Windows 10?

CJ,

Many thanks for that fantastic response - and thanks for replying so quickly!

I've now set a scheduled maintenance time via the control panel.

Kindest Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Johnston, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings

1. Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings - Similar Threads - Scheduling Defender scan

2. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  3. Windows Defender Scan Schedule

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Scan Schedule: TWO QUESTIONS here... 1 Why is there absolutely no information in the "Task Scheduler" pertaining to exactly WHEN and HOW OFTEN the default/automated Windows Defender scans are run? 2 Yes, there are "Triggers" available to customize scan schedule. But does this cause the...
  4. Defender scheduled scan set up.

Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  5. Defender scheduled scan set up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  6. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  7. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  8. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?: Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows maintenance scan

2. defender scan settings

3. defender scheduling

4. what is the default on windows defender scan schedule,
  5. windows defender maintaince mode,
  6. windows 10 defender cache maintenance,
  7. task scheduler windows 10 Windows Defender Cache Maintenance,
  8. does windows defender run on schedule maintence,
  9. scheduling windows defender full scan scantrigger 55