Windows 10: Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.

Discus and support Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've followed instructions for setting up Windows Defender updates with task scheduler but it's not working. Windows defender opens up at the scheduled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Kol12 Win User

Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.

Kol12, Aug 29, 2016
  2. Kol-12 Win User

Manage internet data usage and Windows updates in Windows 10

Hi Tryx3,

I've followed your instructions for setting Windows Defender as a scheduled task with task scheduler. I've set it to perform the task every 1 hour of the day. When the scheduled time is triggered Windows Defender opens but it doesn't update the definitions.

Why can Windows Defender not update without doing a quick scan? I didn't set the -UpdateandQuickScan -hide Argument so maybe that's why it's not working?

I'm using a metered ethernet connection using the registry modification.

Kol-12, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Scheduled scans by Windows Defender not recognized by Windows Defender

I have a scheduled scan by windows defender in my task scheduler. When I review the task in the task scheduler window, it shows that the task complete successfully two days ago, however when I open Windows Defender it says that I am overdue for a scan.

It appears that the Windows Defender program does not recognize the automatically scheduled scan.

dick8299RichardHam, Aug 29, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working. - Similar Threads - Scheduling Defender updates

2. Task Scheduler not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not Working: Hi My problem is that when I attempt to run a task such as the W7 backup or one of my own scripts via Task Scheduler, it doesn't work. I have an external hard drive attached for the backup location. I close my laptop lid and verify that both the laptop and XHD are asleep. I...
  3. Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.: The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I came across this...
  4. Task Scheduler not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler not working: Hi, I've set up a scheduled task to transfer files using WinSCP using a batch file .bat. The task works as intended when I run the task manually by clicking the run option inside Task Scheduler. When I allow the task to run automatically using the daily trigger, the error...
  5. Task Scheduler not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler not working: Hi everyone, I'm having issues with the Task Scheduler since a time ago. A message saying "The remote computer was not found" when I try to open it. I've searched for this problem and tried to run the command line "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" but it...
  6. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  7. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  9. Scheduling Windows Updates Through Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Updates Through Task Scheduler: I'd like to be able to run Windows updates each day at 2:00am. I need to move them to non productive hours. I read the posting by Brink on setting the Automated Updates. I confirmed my settings and ensured my wake timers (under Sleep in Advanced Power Options) is set to...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender not showing in task scheduler

2. task for window defender update

3. schedule task windows defender update

4. what account does task sceduler need to run windows defender updates