Windows 10: Scheduling Windows updates

Discus and support Scheduling Windows updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, New here so feel free to help me get to the right place if I'm in the wrong place now. I need to schedule downloads to the hours between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dataware, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Dataware Win User

Scheduling Windows updates

Hi Everyone, New here so feel free to help me get to the right place if I'm in the wrong place now.

I need to schedule downloads to the hours between 2AM EST to 7AM EST as my internet provider is Hughesnet and as such am limited as to bandwidth during working hours.

Can this be done with the task scheduler in Windows 10 Pro Version 1903? I am the only user of this machine and am the administrator.

:)

Dataware, Aug 15, 2019

2. Scheduling Windows 10 updates

Hi Anthony,

We suggest you to schedule a restart instead, after downloading Windows update. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Windows icon.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On Choose how update are installed, click the drop down button. See the screenshot below:

Scheduling Windows updates 86cfa2c8-ff26-40b8-948b-dab72e5034b1.png

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Scheduling Windows updates

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Scheduling Windows updates

1. Scheduling Windows updates - Similar Threads - Scheduling updates

2. How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?: I have requirement as below.1. Create task scheduler get notify over Teams or Email to the user for any upgrade/update to the specific software....
  3. How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?: I have requirement as below.1. Create task scheduler get notify over Teams or Email to the user for any upgrade/update to the specific software....
  4. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  5. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  6. is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?: my computer is in my room. therefore i don't want to be woken up at 4 am in the night for an update i can't disable. i pressed the "disable updates for 1 week" button yet my computer is still turning on at 3 and 4 am to force this update; some of us have work that needs to...
  7. is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?

is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?: my computer is in my room. therefore i don't want to be woken up at 4 am in the night for an update i can't disable. i pressed the "disable updates for 1 week" button yet my computer is still turning on at 3 and 4 am to force this update; some of us have work that needs to...
  8. Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday: I purchased a computer last week with Win10 and during Micro Center Store's setup it decided on its own to upgrade to windows 11without my consent... at noon today EDT-U.S.I've searched the web and all I get is instructions on how to stop/cancel windows updates... not...
  9. Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday

Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday: I purchased a computer last week with Win10 and during Micro Center Store's setup it decided on its own to upgrade to windows 11without my consent... at noon today EDT-U.S.I've searched the web and all I get is instructions on how to stop/cancel windows updates... not...
  10. Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window update scheduling

2. i said no to my scheduled update date/time and now i cant get back to scheduling.