Windows 10: Scheduling Windows updates

Discus and support Scheduling Windows updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, New here so feel free to help me get to the right place if I'm in the wrong place now. I need to schedule downloads to the hours between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dataware, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Dataware Win User

Scheduling Windows updates

Hi Everyone, New here so feel free to help me get to the right place if I'm in the wrong place now.

I need to schedule downloads to the hours between 2AM EST to 7AM EST as my internet provider is Hughesnet and as such am limited as to bandwidth during working hours.

Can this be done with the task scheduler in Windows 10 Pro Version 1903? I am the only user of this machine and am the administrator.

:)

Dataware, Aug 15, 2019

2. Scheduling Windows 10 updates

Hi Anthony,

We suggest you to schedule a restart instead, after downloading Windows update. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Windows icon.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On Choose how update are installed, click the drop down button. See the screenshot below:

Scheduling Windows updates 86cfa2c8-ff26-40b8-948b-dab72e5034b1.png

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Scheduling Windows updates

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Scheduling Windows updates

1. Scheduling Windows updates - Similar Threads - Scheduling updates

2. Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Engaged restart transition means that Windows 10 will not be forced to reboot, but it will request users to restart, pick a time or snooze manually. So when an update shows up, it prompts the users, and the end-user can [...] This post Specify Engaged...
  3. Update schedule settings locked after turning off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update schedule settings locked after turning off: Please help me!!! I have an update pending for Windows 10. So I opened the "schedule a time" screen and then picked a date and time. But then I tried what does the on/off switch do and when I switched it to off, it got greyed out and now I cannot re-pick the date! How do I...
  4. Can't Use Domain Account to Run Task Scheduler After Recent Update

Can't Use Domain Account to Run Task Scheduler After Recent Update: Hi, After recent windows 10 update I noticed that all the task scheduler jobs using network address is hanging in the computer unless I login. I found that all the jobs in task scheduler were changed to use local account to run(used to be domain account), and I tried to...
  5. Task Scheduler for driver updates?

Task Scheduler for driver updates?: Can Windows 10 Task Scheduler be used to set up driver updates for hardware and programs on my computer? Thanks for any information! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-for-driver-updates/35a87b06-c373-4ec2-92aa-4cb620b56337
  6. Scheduling Windows updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduling Windows updates: Hi Everyone, New here so feel free to help me get to the right place if I'm in the wrong place now. I need to schedule downloads to the hours between 2AM EST to 7AM EST as my internet provider is Hughesnet and as such am limited as to bandwidth during working hours. Can...
  7. do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?: Hello, would like to confirm if we still need to update passwords in task scheduler in case we change the password of a user account / service account? I tried it on a scheduled job running in a domain account and changed the password of the AD account. Still, the job ran...
  8. How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?

How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?: It's been asked again and again, and every time the discussion gets locked with no proper response. So many of us are still on slow connections, capped data, or have other data limitations, yet we still have no option to schedule a time for update downloads to take place...
  9. There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.

There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.: I'm tired of the "automatic restart" for Windows updates. It always happens when I'm not available to save my work. There should never be an "automatic restart". If Windows wants to update, the restart should have to wait until I'm actually able to deal with it....
  10. Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On

Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On: I have the Windows 10 April 2nd 2019 Update and while I was in a game with game mode on I cannot believe what happened during a critical moment in the game: Windows 10 stops the game, pops out of fullscreen and shows the Windows we have an update for you do you want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsphone 10 update schedule