Windows 10: School account also controls personal account, unable to sync settings or change a number...

Discus and support School account also controls personal account, unable to sync settings or change a number... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, I've recently lost control over a number of settings on my own PC thanks to my school account; Yet I don't use said school account anywhere but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AssAsIN10556, Jun 25, 2021.

1. School account also controls personal account, unable to sync settings or change a number...

Hey, I've recently lost control over a number of settings on my own PC thanks to my school account; Yet I don't use said school account anywhere but the E-mail client. I can't change any diagnostic settings, I'm unable to have my personal account sync to the servers and any other changes I make in the settings get reverted.Recently my PC also started to completely shut down, while it was asleep; I would set it to sleep when i go to bed, and would go to sleep as usual. The next morning i would have to start my PC from scratch with no explanation, usually having lost progress in programs that we

:)

AssAsIN10556, Jun 25, 2021
  2. shahmukim Win User

Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?

shahmukim, Jun 25, 2021
  3. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

School account also controls personal account, unable to sync settings or change a number...

Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge builds

Source: Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge Insider builds - Microsoft Edge Blog

See also: Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for you to try
    Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

School account also controls personal account, unable to sync settings or change a number...

1. School account also controls personal account, unable to sync settings or change a number... - Similar Threads - School account controls

2. OneNote not syncing to personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not syncing to personal account: Hi, How do I move and sync a notebook to my personal account when I no longer have access to my old work account I want to transfer the stuff across to my personal one - the Onenote notebook is still appearing there however, it is not letting me sync / move it or add it to my...
  3. OneNote not syncing to personal account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote not syncing to personal account: Hi, How do I move and sync a notebook to my personal account when I no longer have access to my old work account I want to transfer the stuff across to my personal one - the Onenote notebook is still appearing there however, it is not letting me sync / move it or add it to my...
  4. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  5. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  6. Unable to sign in to a school account personal account successfully added

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to a school account personal account successfully added: Hi,I have successfully added a personal account to the system. But when I tried to add my school account, it showed that 'we couldn't sign you in. Please try again.' P.S. I can sign to office 365 using the school account on website.Thanks!Lu...
  7. personal and school accounts linked?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    personal and school accounts linked?: When I set up my personal microsoft account, it was linked to my school account. I'm not sure how exactly I linked it, but I began having issues where I would log into my personal account and it would only show me my school account. I got a new computer and bought a...
  8. Unable to add/sync school Office 365 Account to Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to add/sync school Office 365 Account to Windows: I'm not able to add my account under "Settings > Access work or school". My OneNote can't sync to my account either and my Outlook 2016 doesn't allow me to open the folders after adding the account. How should I proceed?...
  9. Personal account sync

Personal account sync: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot sync my personal account. It is the domain account and I receive a message that it cannot be synced. I couldn’t find any button to press sync with another account...
  10. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...