Windows 10: School still requiring login changes after disconnecting on my PC

Discus and support School still requiring login changes after disconnecting on my PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This has been going on for a bit now, and I'm finally getting so fed up with having to brainstorm new pins every 3 months. I initially added my school... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CFrame, Jan 23, 2020.

1. CFrame Win User

School still requiring login changes after disconnecting on my PC

This has been going on for a bit now, and I'm finally getting so fed up with having to brainstorm new pins every 3 months. I initially added my school live account in hopes it would make working between home and school easier. After a while, I found it so annoying the issues outweighed the benefits, mainly in the fact I was running out of logins I could easily remember. For some reason, the policy for non-school PC is triple how often you need to reset a school-owned one. Anyways, I disconnected, yet I still have the organizational restrictions on my login and consistently have to change everything but my fingerprint, which doesn't always work. Here are the repo steps...

1. Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school.
    2. Click the profile you wish to disconnect and select "Disconnect".
    3. A Wait for a month or two until it requires pin reset.
      B Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options and click pin or password. Below it will give you a list of organizational restrictions and hold you to them when creating the pin.
    I can live without a fix, but personally i want my school of my laptop since I won't be going there soon anyways.

:)

CFrame, Jan 23, 2020

2. Unable to login to PC using Deleted School email account

Hi Michel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when you are unable to access the PC using the university account.

1. Do you have any other user account configured on the PC?
    2. Were you able to login using the new Microsoft account previously?
    3. Did you purchase the Windows 10 license from Microsoft store?

As you have mentioned that the school email account have been deleted, in that case you may not be able to login to the PC using the same password.

Also, if you have purchased the license from Microsoft store then I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Microsoft Accounts & Billing support team.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 23, 2020
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. School still requiring login changes after disconnecting on my PC - Similar Threads - School still requiring

2. Will a Factory Reset Still Require an Account Login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a Factory Reset Still Require an Account Login?: My daughter forgot her login pin thanks to Microsoft's annoying policy of forcing a pin change every month or so. She also doesn't remember her password login and her password reset recovery contact is her old cell phone number I know, all poor planning but lesson learned....
  3. Will a Factory Reset Still Require an Account Login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Will a Factory Reset Still Require an Account Login?: My daughter forgot her login pin thanks to Microsoft's annoying policy of forcing a pin change every month or so. She also doesn't remember her password login and her password reset recovery contact is her old cell phone number I know, all poor planning but lesson learned....
  4. Will a Factory Reset Still Require an Account Login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Lost profile after disconnecting school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost profile after disconnecting school account: Hi everyone, I bought a PC last year and installed windows 10 education on it through my university. It was primarily connected to my university account and I also had my personal Microsoft account on it. I have since upgraded to windows 11, and a few months ago I switched to...
  6. Lost profile after disconnecting school account

Lost profile after disconnecting school account: Hi everyone, I bought a PC last year and installed windows 10 education on it through my university. It was primarily connected to my university account and I also had my personal Microsoft account on it. I have since upgraded to windows 11, and a few months ago I switched to...
  7. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disconnect my school account from my pc: I can't disconnect my work account from my pc, I've done the regular steps, go to settings, accounts, access work or school, and then disconnect. I can do everything but disconnect, because the disconnect button is greyed out, and idk how to change this. How do I fix...
  8. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

I can't disconnect my school account from my pc: I can't disconnect my work account from my pc, I've done the regular steps, go to settings, accounts, access work or school, and then disconnect. I can do everything but disconnect, because the disconnect button is greyed out, and idk how to change this. How do I fix...
  9. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required: I used NETPLWIZ to bypass windows login. This worked fine for a while, then all of a sudden the login screen started reappearing but the auto sign in still processed. It's not a train smash, just annoying. How can I get the process to take place without the screen...