Windows 10: School's mapped network

Discus and support School's mapped network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ive been trying to connect to my school's network remotely from home. My classmate's don't seem to be having an issue. first step is to use Pulse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by billybag, Oct 7, 2017.

1. billybag Win User

School's mapped network

ive been trying to connect to my school's network remotely from home. My classmate's don't seem to be having an issue.

first step is to use Pulse Secure to connect to my shcool's VPN and this is successfuly
    using windows "Mapped Networks and Drives" i assign a drive letter and type \\files.al-lab.csus.edu\Groups as instructed. and then i check “Connect using different credentials” like also instructed.

the instructions stress that you must type .\ before your username (i have tried with and without)

but i always get incorrect password

i have also tried the USE NET command with the same results

the username and password is, in fact, correct because it is the same credentials i use to connect with Pulse Secure and the web-based/in browser version of the network

ive also tried refreshing DNS and resetting winsock

:)

billybag, Oct 7, 2017
  2. xx2010 Win User

Wannacry and network map

Hi,

In our school, on each computer, it exists a network drive mapped to a common big space on a windows 2012 server R2.

My question is:

if the Wannacry infects a computer, is it the same for this common big space?

If it is the case, is there a difference if I use a shortcut (link) instead of the network drive?

Regards.

xx2010, Oct 7, 2017
  3. narenram Win User
    Nokia Drive / Nokia Maps does not display places of interest/businesses

I am using Nokia Drive and Maps on Lumia 710. Say I want to go to a school in a particular area. I need to search for the name of that school and only then set my location. If I try to zoom in to that area on the map, I do not see the school or other places
    of interest/businesses in that area. This is irritating as in google maps, if I zoom into a location, I get all the businesses/areas on interest in that area. Am I missing something?. If not, then nokia maps needs to have this feature as it is very useful.

Thanks

Naren

narenram, Oct 7, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

School's mapped network

You need to talk to the school IT about why you are having issues. As long as your firewall and/or gateway are not blocking the connection on your side, they can see your sign in and computer public IP in their logs on the school side, then you are good and they need to find out why you cannot get to Mapped folders from your side to their side.

You should just be able to go to a open explorer window and on the toolbar, choose to map whatever folder on the VPN that you want to have, as long as your school has it set up for you to do that.

bro67, Oct 7, 2017
Thema:

School's mapped network

1. School's mapped network - Similar Threads - School's mapped network

2. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  3. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  4. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  5. network mapping

network mapping: How can I see device connections via routers and switches in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-mapping/a0a09ab4-3d73-4824-b9fb-75140cfd7992
  6. map networking

map networking: how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-networking/e24cbbc4-1c76-43dc-b225-072d4e0e682e
  7. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  8. Map A Network Loction

Map A Network Loction: I was mapping a network location I got as far up as the password because I put my password in but then it said "The specified network password is incorrect" when it is the correct password. Windows 10...
  9. not on the school network !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not on the school network !!: now I have a problem my laptop was on the school network which has an admin password and username to set up any program ....I'm now in the home I not on the school network and still want from me the admin pass and username and they don't work because we aren't on the school...
  10. New school network

New school network: I help out looking after the laptops a a local private school. Simple things like checking updates, and basic care which they otherwise wouldn't get. I usually bring them to my home and login to my own wifi. That's worked just fine until a server was installed at the school....