Windows 10: Schrodinger microphone problem: It both works and doesn't

Discus and support Schrodinger microphone problem: It both works and doesn't in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC has two separate ports for audio and microphone. I am using an audio splitter to plug in my earphones (which also has a mic attached) to plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Enigmatore, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Schrodinger microphone problem: It both works and doesn't

My PC has two separate ports for audio and microphone. I am using an audio splitter to plug in my earphones (which also has a mic attached) to plug into both. The microphone registers when I am checking Windows settings, but otherwise will not work with any other VoIP application like Discord, Skype, Google Meet, etc. It appears not to transmit voice in game too (so far tested negative in CS: GO, GTA V and Valorant).

I have already been through a bunch of troubleshooting posts/videos, so I have checked whether my mic is muted or not, checked whether the applications have access or not, checked whether my mic is generally available or not, checked whether my earphones have a TRS or a TRRS pin or not and checked whether my microphone is actually picking up sounds using both to the "Listen to this device" option in Sound Control panel and mic tests available in the Discord application.

I forgot to mention that while in-game, if I am using voice chat, the speaker icon will appear on my screen as per usual, but none of my teammates can hear what I am saying, and they don't see the icon at all. Also I figured out a workaround of sorts on Discord where if I disable the "Advanced Voice Activity" option, it picks up my voice. However if I do that, it also echoes what I am hearing to everyone else in the voice chat, so that's a less than ideal solution at best.

My PC does not have an inbuilt microphone array, so the only way I can make it work is by plugging an external audio mic. I am considering getting a new pair of headphones that have two separate jacks for audio and microphone, but given that my PC identifies whether I have plugged in an earphone or microphone pretty accurately, I am not entirely sure that will solve my problem. I was also considering buying a pair of headphones just to use them for the audio and use my earphones for the mic and plug both of them into my ears, but for the moment I am classifying that as a drunk-and-depressed-three-in-the-morning-given-up-on-life purchase.

I could really use the help. If you have any suggestions and/or need additional information, please let me know.

submitted by /u/Enigmatore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Enigmatore, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Mazkaa Win User
    My headphones microphone doesn´t work

I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything

Mazkaa, Jan 26, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Schrodinger microphone problem: It both works and doesn't

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Schrodinger microphone problem: It both works and doesn't [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Schrodinger microphone problem: It both works and doesn't

1. Schrodinger microphone problem: It both works and doesn't - Similar Threads - Schrodinger microphone problem

2. No earbud or headset will work as both speaker and microphone - used to, doesn't anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No earbud or headset will work as both speaker and microphone - used to, doesn't anymore: Hi,I have Jabra 65t bluetooth earbuds which I've used with Windows 10 and Windows 11. I could connect these and they would work seamlesslyas a speaker and use the microphone in the earbuds to record audio and to have Teams or Zoom calls.This stopped working a few months ago...
  3. No earbud or headset will work as both speaker and microphone - used to, doesn't anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No earbud or headset will work as both speaker and microphone - used to, doesn't anymore: Hi,I have Jabra 65t bluetooth earbuds which I've used with Windows 10 and Windows 11. I could connect these and they would work seamlesslyas a speaker and use the microphone in the earbuds to record audio and to have Teams or Zoom calls.This stopped working a few months ago...
  4. Microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't work: I am on a Windows 10 Pro desktop and just purchased a new Jounivo microphone. It's supposed to be plug and play but when I try to test the microphone under the Windows audio settings, even though it shows the Jounivo mic, the little microphone icon where you can click to test...
  5. microphone doesn't work

microphone doesn't work: my laptop internal microphone stopped working suddenly without me changing any setting except privacy, I kept changing it for zoom application but it suddenly stopped working with all apps regardless of permission. when I open zoom or voice recorderwhich both have access to...
  6. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: The microphone of my apple earpods alambric doesn´t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-work/08295f54-34ea-4c6b-aa25-79f4900c77d7
  7. microphone doesn't work

microphone doesn't work: Hello, I have an issue in which my headest is registering to my device, but the microphone doesn't work. It comes thgrough as though there is no microphone attached to the device. I've searched for other tutorials, but nothing works. I have to use the microphone built in to...
  8. microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microphone doesn't work: After windows 10 update my blue snowball microphone doesn't work nor does the red Light turn on. And. I have been singing everyday for at least 4-6 hours daily until I allowed the windows 10 update. And I had made safe file inn case something like this happens but somehow...
  9. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: Hi, i'm having some trouble with my microphone on my personal home computer: it is recognised by the pc, but it doesn't workl. I've seen that on Setting>Privacy>Microphone all the options are locked and there is above a text that say "some informations are hidden or managed...
  10. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: I'm on a Windows 10 laptop, Lenovo made, and up until now my microphone worked fine. Now, I can't use it on anything, nothing on the internet helps, and the built-in audio troubleshooter just says there's a problem with the "Generic Audio Driver." I've uninstalled and...