Windows 10: Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again

Discus and support Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using windows 11, how to force the Surface 8 to scrap the handwriting and relearn from scratch. There are instructions that discuss going to control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paul_787, Mar 21, 2023.

1. paul_787 Win User

Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again

Using windows 11, how to force the Surface 8 to scrap the handwriting and relearn from scratch. There are instructions that discuss going to control panel > language to delete handwriting samples. There are instructions to use the Shape Collector. None of that is correct based on changes made under Windows 11. The current recognition has several mistakes that i can't seem to correct so starting over seems the best option. The learning process was pretty simple and effective so i'd like to start over but can't fine instructions.

:)

paul_787, Mar 21, 2023
  2. HeinPMK Win User

Surface Pro 3: Handwriting | There are not handwriting options for this language.

Hi all,

I have a Surface Pro 3, and just started working with it. Now I try to install the handwriting packs, but I am not able to. I got 3 language packs: English (UK), English (USA) and Dutch (NL).

My region is set to United States

My language is set English (US)

My speech language is set to English US

However when i click on region & language and look in the English (US) language it says: There are not handwriting options for this language.

This is the same for the other 2 languages.

In the optional feautures list I do see the handwriting packs for all 3 languages.

Can someone explain me how I get this to work, or how to install the handwriting packs?

Thanks in advange,

Hein

HeinPMK, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Vineet_K Win User
    Thai handwriting for MS Office

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you need help with Thai handwriting package

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model number of your laptop?
    • Do you want to write in Thai and change the text to English?
    Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on Start and select Control Panel
    2. Select Clock, Language and Region and then select Language
    3. Click on Options next to your selected system language
    4. Click on Personalize handwriting recognition to open Handwriting recognition wizard
    5. Use Target specific recognition errors to tell Windows how you write a specific word or letter or help recognize characters with similar shapes
    We await your response

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Vineet_K, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again

Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Hi Jacob,

Since the Handwriting Personalization feature has worked properly before, there's a possibility that recent changes or updates performed on your computer may have triggered this problem or it could be that there is a need for you to improve the handwriting
    recognition on your Surface Pro by providing more samples of your handwriting. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Language options.
    2. Under Handwriting, click Personalize handwriting recognition.
    3. Select Teach the recognizer your handwriting style.
    4. Several options will be provided to you on what samples do you want to input.
    5. Once done, click Update and exit.
    6. Click Close.

In case you're still getting the same error when trying to have a word or letter recognized, then you may have to reset the handwriting recognizer and start from scratch. Here's how:

1. Navigate to Language options > Handwriting.
    2. Under Personalize handwriting recognition > Related Tasks, click
      Delete handwriting samples that you provided for the current language.
    3. Confirm that you want to delete it by clicking Yes, delete my handwriting samples and reset the handwriting recognizer.
    4. Once done, then try to re-establish your handwriting feature again.

Let me know the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again

1. Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again - Similar Threads - Scrap everything handwriting

2. Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrap everything in the handwriting on my Surface and start training over again: Using windows 11, how to force the Surface 8 to scrap the handwriting and relearn from scratch. There are instructions that discuss going to control panel > language to delete handwriting samples. There are instructions to use the Shape Collector. None of that is correct...
  3. Remove USB Installer - Start Over Again

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove USB Installer - Start Over Again: Okay, so I am at a total loss here. I am detailing the current problem and all debug steps taken so far below. I am working on a fresh build. Computer has an m2 (SN850 500GB) and HDD. I configured the computer correctly to install windows from USB. Installed Windows 10...
  4. My PC crashes over and over again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC crashes over and over again.: Hi, My PC crashed multiple times already. Today it crashed 5 times in 2 hours. Every time it showed a BSoD and the Errors were: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area System_thread_exception_not_handled Memory_management win32kbase.sys I need serious help, cause it keeps...
  5. Using Win 10, if I "train" 1 computer to better recognize my handwriting, will that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Win 10, if I "train" 1 computer to better recognize my handwriting, will that...: Any thoughts on this: Using "Handwriting Personaization > Personalize handwriting recognition > Teach the recognizer your handwriting style > Write a group of sentences. If I train "computer 1" on all 50 sentences, when I log into "computer 2" using the same Microsoft...
  6. I want to reset and start my PC over again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to reset and start my PC over again: I want to reset and start my PC over again. Should I Fresh Start or Reset PC? My Wondows 10 says it is activated with a digital liscence linked to my Microsoft account. I Don't need to keep any of my files, i already backed them up. I don't need to save my settings either....
  7. Can I remove and reset everything on my computer to start again?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I remove and reset everything on my computer to start again?: I have a lot of problems on my computer, no space left on my drive even though I don't have a lot of things installed, I can't update my computer because of lack of space. I combined my downloads and D: drive into one and I can't reverse it, I have some program that I just...
  8. Surface Go type cover and handwriting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Go type cover and handwriting: Hi It seems it is impossible to use the handwriting option on screen using the surface pen (Chinese Traditional, in my case) when i have my type cover keyboard attached. when i try the set up handwriting in "setup" - it simply say "there is no handwriting option for this...
  9. my windows over&over again update today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows over&over again update today: Hi. I have a problem. why do my windows over&over again update today? my trafic bandwicth is limited. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/my-windows-overover-again-update-today/7e7bb6ca-2066-4c34-9800-a7f3534b7d56
  10. starting over again, with W10

in Windows 10 Support
    starting over again, with W10: Just got new HP W10 laptop back from HP repair. Now I have to start over. I'm not good at this stuff, and I got real confused before on here. It has this "edge" browser. I want the IE, and have it open to m y yahoo email homepage. It seems to be a major issue just to do a...