Windows 10: Scratchy Mic in Update 2004

Discus and support Scratchy Mic in Update 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, all, I went searching through Google and found a ton of unhelpful articles on this topic. They all talked about ensuring permissions are given but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CerinThePhoenix, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Scratchy Mic in Update 2004

Hi, all,

I went searching through Google and found a ton of unhelpful articles on this topic. They all talked about ensuring permissions are given but my problem does not relate to them. I also found a metric ton of help posts asking about similar issues but all the "solutions" simply said "update drivers (done), ensure permissions are given (also done), and if that isn't it, your mic is physically damaged".

So, last night, at around midnight, I finally updated to v2004. Since then, my microphone sounds as though there are a dozen transformers constantly mid-transformation. My mic worked **perfectly** last night before I went to bed and received absolutely zero trauma before my issue today.

Solutions attempted:

1. update drivers (drivers are newest version)
    2. roll-back drivers (not available via windows but recommended on every. single. help article)
    3. unplug and plug back in
    4. swap port (this works but audio volume is severely diminished)(UPDATE: changed one setting and microphone is non-responsive)
    submitted by /u/CerinThePhoenix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CerinThePhoenix, Jun 24, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Scratchy Mic in Update 2004

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Scratchy Mic in Update 2004

1. Scratchy Mic in Update 2004 - Similar Threads - Scratchy Mic Update

2. FYI re scratchy popping audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FYI re scratchy popping audio: The issue was scratchy popping as you would hear playing a dirty phonograph record.No setting could be found to fix the problem.I tried a USB DAC which sounded worse.The solution was going to Bluetooth, via Topping BC3.Audio is finally clear, and sound quality is better than...
  3. FYI re scratchy popping audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FYI re scratchy popping audio: The issue was scratchy popping as you would hear playing a dirty phonograph record.No setting could be found to fix the problem.I tried a USB DAC which sounded worse.The solution was going to Bluetooth, via Topping BC3.Audio is finally clear, and sound quality is better than...
  4. Scratchy Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scratchy Audio: HelloI have a Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H since September 2021, it has always worked perfectly until the sound became scratchy out of nowhere a few weeks ago.I've tried everything from every forum, I updated my drivers and Windows 11, I installed a previous Realtek driver, I...
  5. Scratchy Audio

Scratchy Audio: HelloI have a Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H since September 2021, it has always worked perfectly until the sound became scratchy out of nowhere a few weeks ago.I've tried everything from every forum, I updated my drivers and Windows 11, I installed a previous Realtek driver, I...
  6. Music on PC is distorted and scratchy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music on PC is distorted and scratchy: Hello, I am Zohaib from Inco Special AlloysI have Windows 11, Acer Aspire 5 PC. I love my music. But something has happened. When I play my music from internet Deezer, or YouTube, or Jango etc it is distorted....
  7. Music on PC is distorted and scratchy

Music on PC is distorted and scratchy: Hello, I am Zohaib from Inco Special AlloysI have Windows 11, Acer Aspire 5 PC. I love my music. But something has happened. When I play my music from internet Deezer, or YouTube, or Jango etc it is distorted....
  8. Scratchy sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scratchy sound: Since the last update, my sound was scratchy and distorted. I've tried to update the drivers but no result, so I've tried to uninstall them with no success. Also, when I play a video, after a few minutes the sound and the image are not synchronized....
  9. Realtek+scratchy sound+error message

Realtek+scratchy sound+error message: Hi, I'm getting this error: Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0290&SUBSYS_103C80E5&REV_1000\4&284b972b&0&0001 requires further installation. When my PC is plugged it and I turn it on, start a new program, watch a video, do anything new, the sound is scratchy, crackling,...
  10. Bluetooth headphones making scratchy noises

Bluetooth headphones making scratchy noises: Hello, I have been connecting my xpert headphones to my Asus laptop but I keep getting scratchy sounds. What should I do to get clear sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-making-scratchy-noises/5b3ab3cc-24a7-466b-a5b4-91c683feccdc