Windows 10: Screen and sleep

Discus and support Screen and sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I have a problem with the "screen and sleep" definitions. If I do nothing, my screen locks up after about 5 min, which I definitely don't want. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mari Tuomainen, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Screen and sleep

Hi. I have a problem with the "screen and sleep" definitions. If I do nothing, my screen locks up after about 5 min, which I definitely don't want. I have put the below configuration but it doesn't help to work? How/where can I configure it so that the screen doesn't lock / go dark immediately after 5 minutes?Thank you very much for your help in advance.

:)

Mari Tuomainen, Dec 2, 2022

2. Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Dec 2, 2022
  3. AlHeline Win User
    Screen Sleep

That only works until you reboot or power down. Then, it is back to the 15 minute setting. I am trying to kill screen sleep forever.

AlHeline, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Screen and sleep

FreeBooter, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

Screen and sleep

1. Screen and sleep - Similar Threads - Screen sleep

2. Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep: I have an issue where the taskbar disappears when any window is maximized.The issue occurs when the screen turned back on, after screen has turned off by selecting screen and sleep optionThe taskbar operates normally before the power sleep mode activated.I didn't check auto...
  3. Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep: I have an issue where the taskbar disappears when any window is maximized.The issue occurs when the screen turned back on, after screen has turned off by selecting screen and sleep optionThe taskbar operates normally before the power sleep mode activated.I didn't check auto...
  4. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  5. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  6. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  7. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  8. Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...: My HP Laptop HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 has issues going into sleep mode takes too long, around 1 minute, or might just fail to sleep and restart instead, and occasionally gives bluescreens with this error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a...
  9. Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...: My HP Laptop HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 has issues going into sleep mode takes too long, around 1 minute, or might just fail to sleep and restart instead, and occasionally gives bluescreens with this error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a...
  10. Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...