Windows 10: Screen and Taskbar randomly refreshing Windows 10

Discus and support Screen and Taskbar randomly refreshing Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP Powerbook 440 G1 that I just updated to windows 10 2 days ago. The first day it seemed fine but now after i resetted it today the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thefoxchallenger, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Screen and Taskbar randomly refreshing Windows 10

Hi, I have a HP Powerbook 440 G1 that I just updated to windows 10 2 days ago. The first day it seemed fine but now after i resetted it today the taskbar and screen just seems to auto refresh every 15-20 sexomds for no reason. I tried all the YT tips and videos online on how to fix it, like disabling the windows error service to yet no affect. If anyone knows a solution to this pls tell me.

NOTE: Because of the refresh thing, I am not able to use the search bar on the side for anything since its completely unresponsive unless ‘search to the web’. I had to do ctrl shift esc to get to services so yeah. Please keep in note of that incase you can help me.

thank you.

:)

Thefoxchallenger, Jan 13, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 13, 2021
  3. ChadBonk Win User
    Taskbar Refreshing

I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing harddrives. None in particular tho. I've updated the graphics cards, so I've ruled out that idea. The computer is a custom build, so no bloatware installed. From what I gather, this just began about two months ago, and I have done a clean install since then. I've checked the reliability history and don't seen anything that would cause concern as far as explorer crashing. Kinda clueless on this one. Any suggestions?

ChadBonk, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Screen and Taskbar randomly refreshing Windows 10

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Screen and Taskbar randomly refreshing Windows 10

1. Screen and Taskbar randomly refreshing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen Taskbar randomly

2. Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing: I installed an update yesterday but it got stuck at 35% with a message saying "updates are underway keep your computer on", today i restarted my laptop and now the taskbar and screen keeps refreshing and I'm unable to perform any actions because it keeps refreshing in 3-4...
  3. Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing: I installed an update yesterday but it got stuck at 35% with a message saying "updates are underway keep your computer on", today i restarted my laptop and now the taskbar and screen keeps refreshing and I'm unable to perform any actions because it keeps refreshing in 3-4...
  4. Taskbar Randomly Refreshed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Randomly Refreshed: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!So recently, the taskbar of my PC refreshed, I did nothing and I didn't have any resource intensive apps open.Is there any reason why this happened?HP Sent me this PC after their repaired it at one of their shops.I've scanned my PC with...
  5. Taskbar Randomly Refreshed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Randomly Refreshed: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!So recently, the taskbar of my PC refreshed, I did nothing and I didn't have any resource intensive apps open.Is there any reason why this happened?HP Sent me this PC after their repaired it at one of their shops.I've scanned my PC with...
  6. Taskbar Randomly Refreshed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes: Started to notice it around a year ago. Randomly my desktop keep refreshing itself and while im browsing sometimes i can see Chrome icon on my taskbar blink (like it got unselected for a split second). I did 2 reinstall since it started and it keeps returning. submitted by...
  8. Screen/Taskbar refresh

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen/Taskbar refresh: Windows 10 automatically updated this morning, and since then I have been plagued by the desktop and taskbar repeatedly refreshing. Some programs also abort or refuse to run. I cannot, for example, get the Settings to open even to check the details of the update. Please help...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar icons refreshing into a randomly moment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar icons refreshing into a randomly moment: Hello, why my taskbar icons are refreshing into a randomly moment? I've tried to: 1.Close, restart Explorer.exe 2.Run DSIM and /scannow 3.Rebuild icon database 4.Reinstall Start menu with Windows PowerShell(as admin) 5.Update my drivers 6.Close the feedback and...
  10. Taskbar refreshes randomly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar refreshes randomly?: it doesn't happen every 2 minutes, but it's really noticeable and distracting. i've tried doing the restore files thing and that didn't work, and my graphics driver is already updated. i think what could have caused the refreshing was updating it, since i started noticing it...