Windows 10: SCREEN AUTO AWAKE, SHIFT KEY AUTO PASTING AND RANDOM FAST CURSOR BLINKING WITH AUTO SCROLLING

Discus and support SCREEN AUTO AWAKE, SHIFT KEY AUTO PASTING AND RANDOM FAST CURSOR BLINKING WITH AUTO SCROLLING in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have this Lenovo IdeaPad c340Touchscreen Laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. Recently, there are few issues with the laptop- 1. While turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by THE1A, Aug 18, 2020.

1. THE1A Win User

SCREEN AUTO AWAKE, SHIFT KEY AUTO PASTING AND RANDOM FAST CURSOR BLINKING WITH AUTO SCROLLING

I have this Lenovo IdeaPad c340Touchscreen Laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. Recently, there are few issues with the laptop-

1. While turned off with lid open- the screen lights up to show battery percentage then goes dark & again lights up do the same repeatedly unless I close the upper lid.

2. The same issue after switching on, instead of staying at lock screen for me to manually click & put a password, it automatically changes to passwords screen.

3. Sometimes pressing just shift key pastes whatever is copied in the clipboard repeatedly in any such typing app.

4. Fast blinking of the cursor and random auto scrolling makes pc unusable.

-I checked for stuck keys, found none.

-Used an external Bluetooth keyboard found same issues as with inbuilt keyboard.

-No wake timers enabled.

Can anyone suggest, what are the technical reasons for such behavior of Laptop?

BIOS update, keyboard, or motherboard problem?

Please ignore any typos, if found.

:)

THE1A, Aug 18, 2020

2. auto screen orientation

Hi Eamonn,

The auto rotation may have been locked that's why the screen orientation doesn't change automatically. To address this problem, we need to make sure that the auto rotation lock is off and that the auto-rotate is enabled. Follow these steps:

• On your tablet, tap the Start menu, then choose Settings.
    • Go to System > Display.
    • Scroll down and set Lock rotation to Off.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 18, 2020
  3. saichai Win User
    Disabling auto scroll

I've looked for about half an hour now and I can't find any way to disable auto scroll (the dumb cursor mode that engages when you click down on a mouse's scroll wheel). Apparently, a way used to exist back in Windows 7 but it no longer exists. Auto scroll
    is the bane of my existence right now because my scroll wheel is broken and makes auto scroll engage randomly. Microsoft needs to add a way to disable auto scroll altogether.

I find it weird that someone actually spent time on the company's dime to nix that setting. Windows is getting a bit too much like macOS in that regard, although since OS X is unix-based, it's actually pretty easy to change hidden settings using the command
    line. I don't know if Windows has a similar backdoor for "power users" to change these sorts of settings.

saichai, Aug 18, 2020
  4. SCREEN AUTO AWAKE, SHIFT KEY AUTO PASTING AND RANDOM FAST CURSOR BLINKING WITH AUTO SCROLLING

Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off

When I click on the Start Menu after I click again where ever I hover my cursor starts to auto scroll. Auto scroll is Off on my mouse settings.

When I click on a drop down on any website in Edge or Chrome I see the drop down the first time but can not activate a choice. All subsequent clicks make the choices flash.

Any help?

MartyDavis1, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

SCREEN AUTO AWAKE, SHIFT KEY AUTO PASTING AND RANDOM FAST CURSOR BLINKING WITH AUTO SCROLLING

1. SCREEN AUTO AWAKE, SHIFT KEY AUTO PASTING AND RANDOM FAST CURSOR BLINKING WITH AUTO SCROLLING - Similar Threads - SCREEN AUTO AWAKE

2. Laptop Auto Scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Auto Scrolling: I swear I am about to rip all the hair out of my head. I am about to cry. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. For the past day or so my laptop has been behaving very... Weirdly. The screen just automatially scrolls down. When it's on websites or the start...
  3. Auto Scrolling In Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scrolling In Menus: Whenever I open the Windows Start menu and settings menus the selection automatically scrolls up. At first it was scrolling down and I thought it was just a glitch that would go away with a restart of my laptop or update but no, now it scrolls up instead for some reason. Is...
  4. Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse auto scrolling: I have looked through a lot of places trying to find the answer to this question and no one has been able to get the right thing to work. The problem is that when I am in Windows or Microsoft related apps or even on the home bar I will be auto scrolling, I do not have any app...
  5. Auto scrolling problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto scrolling problem: In my windows I have a problem of auto scrolling. I have turn off 'scroll inactive windows when I hover over them'. But, that was a temporary solution and after sometime again auto scrolling started. So is there any other solution?...
  6. Auto Scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto Scrolling: Today I launched my computer and tried to adjust volume using the Sound Mixer. However, when I hover over the bar, it automatically scrolls down. It also does with any other Windows settings that can be adjusted by scrolling. The volume adjusted on Youtube also gets affected....
  7. Auto scroll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto scroll: Whenever i open up my wifi drop down menu it auto scrolls to the bottom, i've seen others with the same question but still no solution, when will this be fixed. whats the point of a computer if i can't connect to a wifi network. sort it out...
  8. Auto Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scrolling: I have been trying unsuccessfully to stop my pc from auto scrolling. I have tried numerous solutions , but nothing works. This happens on all web browsers. Running win 10 home edition....
  9. Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off: When I click on the Start Menu after I click again where ever I hover my cursor starts to auto scroll. Auto scroll is Off on my mouse settings. When I click on a drop down on any website in Edge or Chrome I see the drop down the first time but can not activate a choice....
  10. email auto scroll

in Browsers and Email
    email auto scroll: When I open a new email it automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page instead of on top. Does anybody know how to correct this? thanks 44412