Windows 10: Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby

Discus and support Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have bought new laptop 5 days ago. I have fully updated my drivers. Now one of major problem i found i background dimming on dark scenes. It quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nikhil., Mar 3, 2021.

1. Nikhil. Win User

Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby

I have bought new laptop 5 days ago. I have fully updated my drivers. Now one of major problem i found i background dimming on dark scenes. It quite annoying. My laptop shipped with modern standby feature so in power option i dont have any option to choose any kind of option like adaptive brigtness. Also in settings under the display no such option present. This feature is quite annoying. Tell me how to disable this?

Also as I said my laptop is provided with modern standby and modern standby mode is network connected. How can i make that network disconnected? No such option to toggle on/off wireless in power option In Settings during modern standby.

:)

Nikhil., Mar 3, 2021
  2. YihongLiu Win User

Screen auto dims when the backdrop is dark

I have disabled adaptive brightness, as well in my Intel Graphics Control Panel I have disabled display power saving technology. However whenever the backdrop is dark, the screen still dims. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Even when I have the computer
    plugged in the screen dims when there is a dark backdrop.

YihongLiu, Mar 3, 2021
  3. gabgab Win User
    Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

Hi there,

I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed.

Right now I am on battery, on sunlight coming from out of the window and I can see the notebook playing some funny stuff with the dimming anyway.

It seems to be related to when you switch from a dark background - say ACDsee photo viewer - back to file explorer that has a white background.

How to fix?

thanks!

gabgab, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Saltgrass Win User

Any standards regarding apps behavior during Modern Standby?

I have a modern standby system which is a Dell. I noticed something the other day I had not noticed before and was wondering if applications are given some type of standard as to how they should behave when on a modern standby system.

The situation involves being in modern standby and an active sleep timer setting. I know modern standby systems do not sleep but it appears some applications pay attention when sleep timers are configured.

In my case this concerns iTunes and Groove music. My system is set to sleep after 30 minutes and when the lid is closed. The iTunes app will continue playing when the system enters modern standby (display dark) but will stop playing when the lid is closed
    or when the 30 minute sleep timer expires.

However, Groove music will continue to play even if the lid is closed or the 30 minute timer has expired. I would think all apps should behave as iTunes does and pause when sleep timers are hit.. This type of situation may be involved in some complaints
    regarding battery drain when the lid is closed or in modern standby. If and app was running which was not visible to the user, the app might continue to run and deplete the battery or cause the system to get hot when in a travel case.

Thanks for reading.

Saltgrass, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby - Similar Threads - Screen auto dimming

2. Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021: My laptop auto rebooted for updates and now the screen keeps dimming with dark backgrounds then brightens again with light backgrounds. It's very annoying. The laptop is plugged in and I have checked the power settings. I have no adaptive display option in the advanced...
  3. Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021: My laptop auto rebooted for updates and now the screen keeps dimming with dark backgrounds then brightens again with light backgrounds. It's very annoying. The laptop is plugged in and I have checked the power settings. I have no adaptive display option in the advanced...
  4. Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.: Hey guys, I am facing this problem that whenever I open a dark background like Spotify Desktop, my laptop screen gets really dim and when I switch to chrome, it slowly restores its colours. I looked up online to find solutions and I found two: Turn off adaptive brightness...
  6. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  7. Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP: Been having issues in the recent day with a new issue on my PC, im not to tech saavy, but know basics.... My setup is as follows: VG248qe as main panel Roku tv used as second display via hdmi My issue is is that my second panel and ONLY my second panel dims when...
  8. Auto dim screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  9. Screen auto-dims on dark pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen auto-dims on dark pages: Once again after the latest Windows 10 update Microsoft forcefully put in my laptop, my display keeps dimming on me while in use. I have to-do an hour of troubleshooting and research to figure out what setting to disable every time an update occurs, then I figure it out and...
  10. Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently: Hi there, I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed. Right now I am...