Windows 10: Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

Discus and support Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop auto rebooted for updates and now the screen keeps dimming with dark backgrounds then brightens again with light backgrounds. It's very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SvennoJ, Oct 19, 2021.

1. SvennoJ Win User

Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

My laptop auto rebooted for updates and now the screen keeps dimming with dark backgrounds then brightens again with light backgrounds. It's very annoying. The laptop is plugged in and I have checked the power settings. I have no adaptive display option in the advanced settings nor in the task scheduler. Also no "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" setting under Display in Settings.How can I turn this auto dimming back off?

:)

SvennoJ, Oct 19, 2021
  2. gabgab Win User

Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

Hi there,

I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed.

Right now I am on battery, on sunlight coming from out of the window and I can see the notebook playing some funny stuff with the dimming anyway.

It seems to be related to when you switch from a dark background - say ACDsee photo viewer - back to file explorer that has a white background.

How to fix?

thanks!

gabgab, Oct 19, 2021
  3. YihongLiu Win User
    Screen auto dims when the backdrop is dark

I have disabled adaptive brightness, as well in my Intel Graphics Control Panel I have disabled display power saving technology. However whenever the backdrop is dark, the screen still dims. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Even when I have the computer
    plugged in the screen dims when there is a dark backdrop.

YihongLiu, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

Samsung Focus - Auto dimming on white background screens

Has anyone else noticed that the screen on the Focus will dim itself when the majority of pixels on screen are white, regardless if you have auto-brightness off? For example, opening the email client or internet explorer will instantly dim
    the screen. If you set the color scheme to light/white, the home screen does not dim, but swipe over to the application list, and it dims.

This feature is not present on the other WP7 phones, so I can only assume that Samsung added it to the OS themselves, probably as a sneaky way to artificially improve battery life (since Microsoft has strict mandates on using only three brightness
    settings).

Is there anything Microsoft can do to remove this feature? Maybe like providing a vanilla WP7 installation? I've contacted Samsung but I couldn't even get them to understand the problem.

DrSpaceman, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

1. Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021 - Similar Threads - Screen auto dimming

2. Minimized / Background Windows are "paused" since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimized / Background Windows are "paused" since last update: Hi!Im using Win11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 22H2 on a Desktop PC. My specs are the following:Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHzRAM: 128GB DDR4.GFX: RTX3060TIUsally when not developing I enjoy playing older games or MMOs which worked...
  3. Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021: My laptop auto rebooted for updates and now the screen keeps dimming with dark backgrounds then brightens again with light backgrounds. It's very annoying. The laptop is plugged in and I have checked the power settings. I have no adaptive display option in the advanced...
  4. Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen auto dimming on dark background since last windows update up to date Oct 19 2021: My laptop auto rebooted for updates and now the screen keeps dimming with dark backgrounds then brightens again with light backgrounds. It's very annoying. The laptop is plugged in and I have checked the power settings. I have no adaptive display option in the advanced...
  5. Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby

Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby: I have bought new laptop 5 days ago. I have fully updated my drivers. Now one of major problem i found i background dimming on dark scenes. It quite annoying. My laptop shipped with modern standby feature so in power option i dont have any option to choose any kind of option...
  6. Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.: Hey guys, I am facing this problem that whenever I open a dark background like Spotify Desktop, my laptop screen gets really dim and when I switch to chrome, it slowly restores its colours. I looked up online to find solutions and I found two: Turn off adaptive brightness...
  7. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  8. Auto dim screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  9. Screen auto-dims on dark pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen auto-dims on dark pages: Once again after the latest Windows 10 update Microsoft forcefully put in my laptop, my display keeps dimming on me while in use. I have to-do an hour of troubleshooting and research to figure out what setting to disable every time an update occurs, then I figure it out and...
  10. Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently: Hi there, I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed. Right now I am...