Windows 10: Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

Discus and support Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Been having issues in the recent day with a new issue on my PC, im not to tech saavy, but know basics.... My setup is as follows: VG248qe as main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Versifex, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Versifex Win User

Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

Been having issues in the recent day with a new issue on my PC,

im not to tech saavy, but know basics....

My setup is as follows:

VG248qe as main panel

Roku tv used as second display via hdmi

My issue is is that my second panel and ONLY my second panel dims when nothing is up and brightens when chrome is up or any app in general...ive navigated some settings, such as power...etc. and I cannot find anything that helps me stop the auto dimming feature....currently running most drivers on nvidia 1070ti (412.20 i think) and most recent 1909 install...

:)

Versifex, Nov 17, 2019

2. Samsung Focus - Auto dimming on white background screens

Has anyone else noticed that the screen on the Focus will dim itself when the majority of pixels on screen are white, regardless if you have auto-brightness off? For example, opening the email client or internet explorer will instantly dim
    the screen. If you set the color scheme to light/white, the home screen does not dim, but swipe over to the application list, and it dims.

This feature is not present on the other WP7 phones, so I can only assume that Samsung added it to the OS themselves, probably as a sneaky way to artificially improve battery life (since Microsoft has strict mandates on using only three brightness
    settings).

Is there anything Microsoft can do to remove this feature? Maybe like providing a vanilla WP7 installation? I've contacted Samsung but I couldn't even get them to understand the problem.

DrSpaceman, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Fool Win User
    How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

4. Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with the screen auto dimming on the computer. Assuming that you are looking for a registry key change, please perform these steps.

1. Press Window key +
      R from the keyboard and type regedit, to launch Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/ 4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318 /0000.
    3. Double-click the item of
      FeatureTestControl
      , set the hexadecimal value to "fb20", and click
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC and check.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

1. Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP - Similar Threads - Screen auto dimming

2. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  3. Disable auto-dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable auto-dimming: My laptop's screen dims itself automatically due to "inactivity"; it'll happen if I'm watching a video, reading, or even playing a game, but if I don't touch my keyboard or mouse for just a couple of seconds, my display will dim. I've tried going to the power options to...
  4. Screen auto dims on anything fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen auto dims on anything fullscreen: Whenever I open anything fullscreen, my screen dims all the way to zero. I have followed many of the instructions online that has worked for others i.e Reinstall drivers, updating windows, restarting graphics adapter, disabling adaptive brightness, changing nvidia graphics...
  5. my screen keep auto dimming?????

in Windows 10 Customization
    my screen keep auto dimming?????: in 2020 why dose my screen keep auto dimming????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keep-auto-dimming/7f1f68ea-db58-4617-b6d0-439ffad194e6
  6. Auto dim screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  7. Auto dim screen on a desktop?

Auto dim screen on a desktop?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  8. Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10: I'm at my wits end. A windows feature update has turned screen dimming back on and I cannot turn it off. No settings change will turn it off. Last time this happened, after many, many hours of trying the suggestions in this forum without success, I found a reply from...
  9. Desktop "auto dimming" - not power option related

Desktop "auto dimming" - not power option related: This isn't the first time I've had this issue, and not sure how it was resolved last time. The desktop icons are "dimmed" and light up when I click on the start menu. This is particularly difficult for me as I'm visually impaired and brightness/contrast levels are crtitical....
  10. Screen auto-dims on dark pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen auto-dims on dark pages: Once again after the latest Windows 10 update Microsoft forcefully put in my laptop, my display keeps dimming on me while in use. I have to-do an hour of troubleshooting and research to figure out what setting to disable every time an update occurs, then I figure it out and...