Windows 10: Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

Discus and support Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm at my wits end. A windows feature update has turned screen dimming back on and I cannot turn it off. No settings change will turn it off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mosssider, Jul 17, 2019.

1. mosssider Win User

Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

I'm at my wits end. A windows feature update has turned screen dimming back on and I cannot turn it off.

No settings change will turn it off.

Last time this happened, after many, many hours of trying the suggestions in this forum without success, I found a reply from someone who gave a registry change to fix the maximum brightness. Which was the only thing that worked.

I can't find what it is. Does anyone know? I have bad sight and I can barely use my machine in this state.

:)

mosssider, Jul 17, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

Screen auto-rotation on Windows 10 tablet?

My ACER iconia W4 820 had screen auto-rotation in Windows 8.1, but I can't seem to find this damn thing in Windows 10. I can manually rotate the screen, but it doesn't seem to use the sensor to auto detect the orientation. Where is it?

RejZoR, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Dim screen Win 10?

Have read the blogs. Windows 10 needs to make it EASY for people to dim their screen. This is my 3rd Toshiba laptop and it was easy to adjust the screen on all 3 including this one, until windows 10. Will buy a new laptop without Win 10 before I'll go
    through all the steps to dim screen in win 10 that is listed in the blogs I've read. I did stall an APP that helped but screen still hurts my eyes and creates a headache. Anybody have an EASY answer. It was so easy to work with DOS and windows 3.1. It's been
    a pain for a lot of people ever since they came up with the REGISTRY. Thanks people.

RandyFilion, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

Screen auto dims on Windows 10.

I just upgraded (involuntarily) to Windows 10 on my Sony Viao. Now the display screen keeps dimming from 100% to 10% within 10 - 15 seconds of changing the display settings. I have tried updating the driver for the display - it is up to date. Changing
    the advanced settings from 10% to 100% and the sliding scale will automatically pop back to 10%! There is no 'auto setting' on Windows 10 that I can find.

SnazzyShack, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

1. Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen Auto Dimming

2. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  3. Disable auto-dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable auto-dimming: My laptop's screen dims itself automatically due to "inactivity"; it'll happen if I'm watching a video, reading, or even playing a game, but if I don't touch my keyboard or mouse for just a couple of seconds, my display will dim. I've tried going to the power options to...
  4. Screen auto dims on anything fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen auto dims on anything fullscreen: Whenever I open anything fullscreen, my screen dims all the way to zero. I have followed many of the instructions online that has worked for others i.e Reinstall drivers, updating windows, restarting graphics adapter, disabling adaptive brightness, changing nvidia graphics...
  5. my screen keep auto dimming?????

in Windows 10 Customization
    my screen keep auto dimming?????: in 2020 why dose my screen keep auto dimming????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keep-auto-dimming/7f1f68ea-db58-4617-b6d0-439ffad194e6
  6. Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10

Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10: Finally! An answer! All the threads were locked to answer the question as to why my and many, many other's screen automatically dims after 15 seconds when not actively doing something on the screen, but I figured it out with the help of a Dell online technician. If you...
  7. Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP: Been having issues in the recent day with a new issue on my PC, im not to tech saavy, but know basics.... My setup is as follows: VG248qe as main panel Roku tv used as second display via hdmi My issue is is that my second panel and ONLY my second panel dims when...
  8. Auto dim screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  9. Auto dim screen on a desktop?

Auto dim screen on a desktop?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  10. Screen auto-dims on dark pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen auto-dims on dark pages: Once again after the latest Windows 10 update Microsoft forcefully put in my laptop, my display keeps dimming on me while in use. I have to-do an hour of troubleshooting and research to figure out what setting to disable every time an update occurs, then I figure it out and...