Windows 10: Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10

Discus and support Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Finally! An answer! All the threads were locked to answer the question as to why my and many, many other's screen automatically dims after 15 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Charles_Graham, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10

Finally! An answer! All the threads were locked to answer the question as to why my and many, many other's screen automatically dims after 15 seconds when not actively doing something on the screen, but I figured it out with the help of a Dell online technician.

If you have Tobi eye tracking service on your computer, you have to disable the background service. Just turning it off in the settings DOES NOT disable the service.

Type "msconfig" without the quotes in the search box at the bottom left of the screen.

Select the Services tab.

Scroll down to Tobi Services and uncheck the box

Also, uncheck the box Tobi Eye Tracker Platform Service

Click Apply

Click OK

Click Restart

The dimming should stop.

:)

Charles_Graham, Feb 28, 2020

2. Screen auto dims on Windows 10.

I just upgraded (involuntarily) to Windows 10 on my Sony Viao. Now the display screen keeps dimming from 100% to 10% within 10 - 15 seconds of changing the display settings. I have tried updating the driver for the display - it is up to date. Changing
    the advanced settings from 10% to 100% and the sliding scale will automatically pop back to 10%! There is no 'auto setting' on Windows 10 that I can find.

SnazzyShack, Feb 28, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Screen auto-rotation on Windows 10 tablet?

My ACER iconia W4 820 had screen auto-rotation in Windows 8.1, but I can't seem to find this damn thing in Windows 10. I can manually rotate the screen, but it doesn't seem to use the sensor to auto detect the orientation. Where is it?

RejZoR, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10

Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with the screen auto dimming on the computer. Assuming that you are looking for a registry key change, please perform these steps.

1. Press Window key +
      R from the keyboard and type regedit, to launch Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/ 4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318 /0000.
    3. Double-click the item of
      FeatureTestControl
      , set the hexadecimal value to "fb20", and click
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC and check.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10

1. Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen auto dims

2. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds: I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up again. Then in 30 seconds it dims again.Any ideas?Thanks,Ken...
  3. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds: I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up again. Then in 30 seconds it dims again.Any ideas?Thanks,Ken...
  4. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen dimming after 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming after 20 seconds: This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail. I've tried...
  6. Screen dimming after 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dimming after 20 seconds: This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail. I've tried...
  7. Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP: Been having issues in the recent day with a new issue on my PC, im not to tech saavy, but know basics.... My setup is as follows: VG248qe as main panel Roku tv used as second display via hdmi My issue is is that my second panel and ONLY my second panel dims when...
  8. Auto dim screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  9. Auto dim screen on a desktop?

Auto dim screen on a desktop?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  10. Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10: I'm at my wits end. A windows feature update has turned screen dimming back on and I cannot turn it off. No settings change will turn it off. Last time this happened, after many, many hours of trying the suggestions in this forum without success, I found a reply from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen dims after 15 seconds