Windows 10: Screen automatic brightening?

Discus and support Screen automatic brightening? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open up word or play games on my laptop the brightness always automatically goes to 100% brightness. I don't know why it does this but it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by edwinsantos224, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Screen automatic brightening?

When I open up word or play games on my laptop the brightness always automatically goes to 100% brightness. I don't know why it does this but it is super annoying especially when I work on school work in the middle of the night. Please help

:)

edwinsantos224, Sep 27, 2020
  2. malonet3 Win User

brighten screen

I am trying to brighten my screen but for some reason when I go to the display screen it doesn't give me the option to brighten my screen only to turn the nightlight on or off but even when I click on it nothing changes.

malonet3, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Shiflerg Win User
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv.

Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it will dim and brighten as I do key strokes or scrolling.

Right now as I'm composing this thread, it is staying bright.

I just scrolled up to the top of the screen and it dimmed (looking for post button which I now see is below and not up).

Shiflerg, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Sharmian Win User

Screen automatic brightening?

After upgrade to Windows 10, screen keeps dimming, then brightening!

I have updated the Display adapters as per another answer, but the dim/brighten/dim/brighten issues seems to be persisting. Can anyone suggest another remedy please. My laptop is an HP Pavilion.

Sharmian, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Screen automatic brightening?

1. Screen automatic brightening? - Similar Threads - Screen automatic brightening

2. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  3. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  4. Not able to brighten the screen with hot keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to brighten the screen with hot keys: As of lately, while pressing shortcuts Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 the screen gets only darker on my Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH on Windows 10. Normally, Fn+F5 darkens the screen, while Fn+F6 brightens it. After clicking this combination by habit too many times, the screen turns black and...
  5. Screen dimming on dark screen, brightens slowly on white screen

Screen dimming on dark screen, brightens slowly on white screen: Suddenly as of yesterday, when I open a window that is darker than a typical white Google tab a website on dark mode or similar, a website with a dark background, a game of some kind, etc. my display will dim automatically a slight bit. This seemed odd on its own, but when I...
  6. my laptop screen is automatically dimming and brightening after upgrading to windows 10

my laptop screen is automatically dimming and brightening after upgrading to windows 10: hello , i have upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 few days ago , then a problem appeared that when i open a dark screen the screen is dimming and when i change to a bright screen the screen is automatically brightening, before upgrading i didn't have this...
  7. Videos brighten in full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos brighten in full screen: I just got a Sense 27" monitor and am facing a strange problem. I use MPC-BE player and when playing in a window all is okay. When I go to full screen the picture gets very bright and returns to normal returning to window. Don't know if it's the screen or windows settings or...
  8. Screen randomly dims or brightens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly dims or brightens: My HP laptop recently started dimming or brightening randomly, while plugged in to charge. And for the past month my battery dies quickly with usage. I had to install a couple new apps, but they're through Microsoft store, and are off when not in use. What is happening?...
  9. brighten screen

brighten screen: I am trying to brighten my screen but for some reason when I go to the display screen it doesn't give me the option to brighten my screen only to turn the nightlight on or off but even when I click on it nothing changes....
  10. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...