Windows 10: Screen automatically dims when watching videos

Discus and support Screen automatically dims when watching videos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ToriRuby, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ToriRuby Win User

Screen automatically dims when watching videos

I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep readjusting my brightness.

:)

ToriRuby, Sep 7, 2018
  2. TheSmokey76 Win User

Automatic screen dimming.

It sounds like automatic dimming, hopefully it is that, and that you can follow the screenshots I've provided, let us know if this helps or not Screen automatically dims when watching videos :)

Screen automatically dims when watching videos [​IMG]

TheSmokey76, Sep 7, 2018
  3. jsjnorge Win User
    5800: Dim the screen when watching video on TV-out

To save the 5800's battery, I would like to dim the screen on the phone when watching a video using TV-out. Now it just displays the video controls and the name of the video. Turning on the keylock does turn of the screen, but with the unwanted effect
    of also pausing the video on the TV. Does anybody have a solution for my problem? I would be very grateful.

jsjnorge, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Marron Win User

Automatic screen dimming.

They're both off. But I started asking around people in my company, if they know something about this. And it turns out there's an easy fix. Plug in your power cable. :\
    And so far it seems to work. Too bad I wasted 3 days trying all the fixes I could find ...

Marron, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen automatically dims when watching videos - Similar Threads - Screen automatically dims

2. Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video: This is an issue I've only encountered in the last couple of days, I can only assume it's the result of a recent Windows update. It also only appears to relate specifically to the use of VLC media player, it doesn't appear to happen when Netflix/YouTube/Amazon are in full...
  3. Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.: When I watch Netflix or Youtube full screen in my browser the monitor goes black. I can still hear the audio, but no picture. I have to reboot the computer and it works fine again. This only happens during full-screen video and sometimes during a game. I looked online and...
  4. Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  5. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  6. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  7. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  8. BSOD when gaming and watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when gaming and watching videos: I get a blue screen many times per day with the text SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS) and a sad smiley. It happens when I watch Netflix and Youtube and also when I play games on Steam. *cry The Log collector is attached. - Lars 55223
  9. Sound Glitch when watching videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Glitch when watching videos: Whenever I watch a video on youtube or other videos on the internet there is a weird slight glitching sound that occurs very briefly and sporadically. I don't think its the laptop because I have watched DVDs on it and the sound and picture have been perfect and I have...
  10. Automatic screen dimming.

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic screen dimming.: This annoys me for some time now. And I tried everything I can, but can't seem to fix it. I reinstalled windows several times (actually, seven times), trying to get an update to not install, but it still got installed. So basically, what's happening is that whenever my...