Windows 10: Screen automatically dims when watching videos

Discus and support Screen automatically dims when watching videos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ToriRuby, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ToriRuby Win User

Screen automatically dims when watching videos

I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep readjusting my brightness.

:)

ToriRuby, Sep 7, 2018

2. Automatic screen dimming.

It sounds like automatic dimming, hopefully it is that, and that you can follow the screenshots I've provided, let us know if this helps or not Screen automatically dims when watching videos :)

Screen automatically dims when watching videos [​IMG]

TheSmokey76, Sep 7, 2018
  3. jsjnorge Win User
    5800: Dim the screen when watching video on TV-out

To save the 5800's battery, I would like to dim the screen on the phone when watching a video using TV-out. Now it just displays the video controls and the name of the video. Turning on the keylock does turn of the screen, but with the unwanted effect
    of also pausing the video on the TV. Does anybody have a solution for my problem? I would be very grateful.

jsjnorge, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Marron Win User

Automatic screen dimming.

They're both off. But I started asking around people in my company, if they know something about this. And it turns out there's an easy fix. Plug in your power cable. :\
    And so far it seems to work. Too bad I wasted 3 days trying all the fixes I could find ...

Marron, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen automatically dims when watching videos - Similar Threads - Screen automatically dims

2. monitors dim out any video i watch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitors dim out any video i watch.: ok so I have a 3 monitor set up. 2-22inch dell monitors and 1-27inch AOC monitor. if i try to watch a youtube video or a streamer on twitch the screen darkens but only over the video player. the rest of the screen is nice and bright...why is this happening? and how do I fix...
  3. Monitor screen dims when watching video on fullscreen using PotPlayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor screen dims when watching video on fullscreen using PotPlayer: So whenever I watch a video on PotPlayer on fullscreen it auto dims after a few seconds.This problem doesn't occur on Windows 10 default media player. I really like this player compared to the default windows player so is there a solution I can fix this. Yes I also checked...
  4. Weird screen glitching when watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird screen glitching when watching videos: My laptop has been acting very weird for a long time, and I have been unable to find a solution. Whenever I watch a video on for example Youtube, the screen will randomly start glitching out. This can happen after a minute or an hour of watch time. As soon as it starts...
  5. Green screen when watching a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen when watching a video: Hello, it must have been 2 months since I have empty green screens that appear randomly when I watch videos, whether on youtube, twich or netflix. However, I do not know that it comes from windows or the graphics card. There are several errors that appear at the time of the...
  6. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  7. WHY IS MY SCREEN BRGHTNESS DIMMED AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I START WATCH A MOVIE?

WHY IS MY SCREEN BRGHTNESS DIMMED AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I START WATCH A MOVIE?: I'm having this issue again and again I don't know hot to fix it. I've been searching for answers in the whole settings setup and I just can't find a solution to my problem. Any advice?...
  8. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  9. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  10. Automatic screen dimming.

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic screen dimming.: This annoys me for some time now. And I tried everything I can, but can't seem to fix it. I reinstalled windows several times (actually, seven times), trying to get an update to not install, but it still got installed. So basically, what's happening is that whenever my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen dims when watching videos windows 10

2. windows 10 screen dims when watching netflix

3. my screen automatically dims

4. screen automaticly dims,
  5. screen dims when watching video,
  6. laptop screen dimms when watching videos in full screen,
  7. screen dims when watching videos,
  8. laptop screen dims when watchin movie,
  9. monitor with netflix app dims