Windows 10: screen background in Windows 10

Discus and support screen background in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do i change my screen background on my laptop from black to white in everything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SerenaBates, Feb 23, 2020.

1. screen background in Windows 10

How do i change my screen background on my laptop from black to white in everything.

:)

SerenaBates, Feb 23, 2020

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2020
  4. screen background in Windows 10

Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

screen background in Windows 10

1. screen background in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - screen background

2. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  3. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  4. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I keep iCloud for Windows in the background without a screen display on Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep iCloud for Windows in the background without a screen display on Windows 11...: Over the past two months, the iCloud for Windows window pops up on startup whenever I start my computer. It doesn't require a sign-in; I'm signed in, and it just opens the app window. How do I prevent that from happening?This differs from other posts on this topic, where...
  6. How do I keep iCloud for Windows in the background without a screen display on Windows 11...

How do I keep iCloud for Windows in the background without a screen display on Windows 11...: Over the past two months, the iCloud for Windows window pops up on startup whenever I start my computer. It doesn't require a sign-in; I'm signed in, and it just opens the app window. How do I prevent that from happening?This differs from other posts on this topic, where...
  7. Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".: After I leave my laptop for 30 seconds and do not touch it, a screen of rainbow/flowy lines appears with a black background; causing me to have to 'wake up' my screen by moving my mouse. It's something in place years ago and was able to remove it on Windows 10 but since...
  8. Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".

Rainbow/ flowy lines with a black background, "sleep screen".: After I leave my laptop for 30 seconds and do not touch it, a screen of rainbow/flowy lines appears with a black background; causing me to have to 'wake up' my screen by moving my mouse. It's something in place years ago and was able to remove it on Windows 10 but since...
  9. how do I change the background image of the log-in screen before I open Windows/settings/...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change the background image of the log-in screen before I open Windows/settings/...: trying to change the log-in screen in Windows 11; the screen that appears when I power-up my vomputer befor signing-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-image-of-the-log-in/f39a5853-f891-4d13-8622-ec67ecedd8ab
  10. how do I change the background image of the log-in screen before I open Windows/settings/...

how do I change the background image of the log-in screen before I open Windows/settings/...: trying to change the log-in screen in Windows 11; the screen that appears when I power-up my vomputer befor signing-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-image-of-the-log-in/f39a5853-f891-4d13-8622-ec67ecedd8ab