Windows 10: screen background

Discus and support screen background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My background screen is now black for some reason? My wallpaper is fine its just when I open an app the background is black and letters are white. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BonnieWhite5, Jun 27, 2020.

1. screen background

My background screen is now black for some reason? My wallpaper is fine its just when I open an app the background is black and letters are white. How can I get my normal view back

:)

BonnieWhite5, Jun 27, 2020

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

screen background

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

screen background

1. screen background - Similar Threads - screen background

2. restore screen to black lettering with white background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore screen to black lettering with white background: how to restore black letters and white background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-screen-to-black-lettering-with-white/c4df6638-8383-48c6-93d7-09825ef86391
  3. restore screen to black lettering with white background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore screen to black lettering with white background: how to restore black letters and white background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-screen-to-black-lettering-with-white/c4df6638-8383-48c6-93d7-09825ef86391
  4. restore screen to black lettering with white background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change lock screen background

Unable to change lock screen background: For quite some time now I've been having issues with trying to change my lock screen background, I have tried switching to the slideshow and picture back and forth, but It shows my chosen picture in settings, yet whenever I sign out it ends up using the Windows Spotlight...
  6. Lock screen background not changing

Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  7. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  8. Lock screen background not changing

9. How do I keep iCloud for Windows in the background without a screen display on Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep iCloud for Windows in the background without a screen display on Windows 11...: Over the past two months, the iCloud for Windows window pops up on startup whenever I start my computer. It doesn't require a sign-in; I'm signed in, and it just opens the app window. How do I prevent that from happening?This differs from other posts on this topic, where...
  10. How do I keep iCloud for Windows in the background without a screen display on Windows 11...

How do I keep iCloud for Windows in the background without a screen display on Windows 11...: Over the past two months, the iCloud for Windows window pops up on startup whenever I start my computer. It doesn't require a sign-in; I'm signed in, and it just opens the app window. How do I prevent that from happening?This differs from other posts on this topic, where...