Windows 10: Screen becoming over saturated when gaming

Discus and support Screen becoming over saturated when gaming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I've come across a problem which is new to me and I would like some help with it. When I open some games that aren't on the Microsoft store my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexLeigh42, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Screen becoming over saturated when gaming

Hi

I've come across a problem which is new to me and I would like some help with it. When I open some games that aren't on the Microsoft store my screen gets overly saturated. this only happens when I am playing games, when I close the game the saturation goes away. I have uninstalled and re installed the games and their launchers, AMD radeon software and the issue still persists, this issue is only a visual bug because when I take screenshots or screen recordings the screen doesnt become saturated.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Alex

:)

AlexLeigh42, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Color Saturation changes while playing games

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Color saturation on the computer, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only while playing games?
    • Have you downloaded the games from Microsoft Store?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

You can refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Updating drivers

I suggest you to try updating the display drivers and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Drivers.

4. Restart the computer if prompted.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Calibrating Display color Profiles

You can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, and then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Color Saturation changes while playing games

Hi

I've come across this new problem,and i would like some help with it.When i start some games,the screen is over saturated in different colours(red,green,white).When the game crashes,it is always like the screen below too much white on screen.

Screen becoming over saturated when gaming 31a30380-c556-41d8-b11b-18555068961d?upload=true.jpg

How do i fix this problem?.I go to Settings,and when i click on System the over saturation problem has gone!.This has only started since the Windows 10 1903 update.

Any ideas on how to fix my problem?.

Thanks in advance

Colin

***Modified title from: Colour Saturation problem***

Sudsy malone, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Screen becoming over saturated when gaming

full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Screen becoming over saturated when gaming

1. Screen becoming over saturated when gaming - Similar Threads - Screen becoming saturated

2. My screen color is over saturated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen color is over saturated: and i dont know how to get it back to its original vibrant colors i am using a DESKTOP-EUJ1046 and it is pretty new, yet i recently hit the corner of my keyboard, near the escape ! and f1 buttons, after a few minuetes my screen looked over saturated...
  3. My screen color is over saturated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen color is over saturated: and i dont know how to get it back to its original vibrant colors i am using a DESKTOP-EUJ1046 and it is pretty new, yet i recently hit the corner of my keyboard, near the escape ! and f1 buttons, after a few minuetes my screen looked over saturated...
  4. My screen color is over saturated

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Over-saturated Youtube Videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Over-saturated Youtube Videos: Lately, I have noticed that when I watch youtube, the videos are far more oversaturated than usual. Can someone explain how I can get it back to normal ORIGINAL :NEW:...
  6. Over-saturated Youtube Videos

Over-saturated Youtube Videos: Lately, I have noticed that when I watch youtube, the videos are far more oversaturated than usual. Can someone explain how I can get it back to normal ORIGINAL :NEW:...
  7. Over-saturated Youtube Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated: The welcome screen photos are surely meant to be attractive, but at least on my Dell XPS 15 they are horribly over-saturated, like a cheap post-card. Over-saturation is not a problem in apps like Photoshop. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks....
  9. Display Becomes More Saturated When Looking At A Dark Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Becomes More Saturated When Looking At A Dark Screen: Every time I go to, for example, a website with dark colors, the saturation on my screen increases slightly before slowly going back to normal on brighter colors. My default color profile is sRGB v4. My device typically has trouble maintaining its color profile, for some...
  10. Display Becomes More Saturated When Looking At A Dark Screen

Display Becomes More Saturated When Looking At A Dark Screen: Every time I go to, for example, a website with dark colors, the saturation on my screen increases slightly before slowly going back to normal on brighter colors. My default color profile is sRGB v4. My device typically has trouble maintaining its color profile, for some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. as soon as i go into a game it oversaturates it

2. fix oversaturated monitor