Windows 10: Screen black after update

Discus and support Screen black after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I updated my laptop last night and after the update was finished, it booted up and I logged in and after a couple of minutes my screen went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by firetrap, May 27, 2018.

1. firetrap Win User

Screen black after update

So I updated my laptop last night and after the update was finished, it booted up and I logged in and after a couple of minutes my screen went completely black and it doesn't come on. I held down the power button to turn it off and booted up again and still nothing. The screen doesn't even light up on start up. The hp logo doesn't even show. But the lights on the keyboard lights up and the laptop connects to my Bluetooth speaker. Had this happend to any other person

:)

firetrap, May 27, 2018

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 27, 2018
  3. Receives black screen after the update.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which update did you mention about?

• Did you install any third party security application?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the response created by Sharath Srinivassa on August 7, 2015 and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the black screen. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Screen black after update

1. Screen black after update - Similar Threads - Screen black update

2. Black Screen after Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Update: So I turned off my PC when I was going out and it said it gave me the option to install some updates and turn off, it did the same yesterday, so I accepted and left it to update then turn off, I turned back my PC later and I get a black screen where the windows logo should be...
  3. black screen brick after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen brick after update: since i updated windows 10 a few weeks ago my pc shows only a black screen and no signal on my tv. i cant access the bios or boot into safe mode by shutting it down holding the power button 3 times. i tried different cables and a different tv same problem. i was thinking the...
  4. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  5. After update, Blank black screen!

After update, Blank black screen!: First let me say I don't know to much about computers, please bare with me! I have a laptop HP-15-ba051 windows 10. I don't know much but I do know it's only a year & a half old and barely ever been used. Then last week I went to use it but it was updating so I waited...……....
  6. Black screen issues after updates

Black screen issues after updates: So far EVERY update in the last 2 years to Windows 10 has created a black screen event on my desktop where nothing but a black screen is visible after doing the restart. This ONLY happens after updates and EVERY update. I did a reformat only 6months tops ago because that lot...
  7. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  8. Black screen after April Update

Black screen after April Update: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor, I have updated the drivers, a Toshiba HDD, and Windows Update Assistant says my laptop is compatible with the update. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds...
  9. Black screen after windows update

Black screen after windows update: Hello everyone so i updated windows 10 to KB4340917 OS build 17134.191 and now I'm on my way to the windows startup finishes NVidia graphics card and now my screen is black and I have not got it yet. Please, guys if any of you know how to fix this problem please help me! If...
  10. Black Screen After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen After Recent Update: I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons. 1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can tell there is a distinct lag between turning on my PC and getting to the login screen. Although this problem seems to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. obs black after windows update