Windows 10: Screen black after update

Discus and support Screen black after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I updated my laptop last night and after the update was finished, it booted up and I logged in and after a couple of minutes my screen went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by firetrap, May 27, 2018.

1. firetrap Win User

Screen black after update

So I updated my laptop last night and after the update was finished, it booted up and I logged in and after a couple of minutes my screen went completely black and it doesn't come on. I held down the power button to turn it off and booted up again and still nothing. The screen doesn't even light up on start up. The hp logo doesn't even show. But the lights on the keyboard lights up and the laptop connects to my Bluetooth speaker. Had this happend to any other person

:)

firetrap, May 27, 2018

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 27, 2018
  3. Receives black screen after the update.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which update did you mention about?

• Did you install any third party security application?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the response created by Sharath Srinivassa on August 7, 2015 and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the black screen. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Screen black after update

1. Screen black after update - Similar Threads - Screen black update

2. Black Screen After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Update: My computer turns on, but there's absolutely nothing on the screen, no cursor, nothing. I've tried everything, including opening the task bar/manager, but nothing shows up.I've connected it to an external monitor and I can see/use my computer from the monitor, but I haven't...
  3. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after update: My pc recently updated windows and now on startup after login, I get a black screen. I still have a cursor and can even open task manager, but the desktop doesn’t load, so I can’t access any of the apps on my computer. I had this problem previously, probably about 2 months...
  4. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after update: My pc recently updated windows and now on startup after login, I get a black screen. I still have a cursor and can even open task manager, but the desktop doesn’t load, so I can’t access any of the apps on my computer. I had this problem previously, probably about 2 months...
  5. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after update: In 2019 laptop ran out of battery during an windows update. After rebooting with poweradapter plugged in, my laptop gave black screen. Was working perfectly fine before that.I've tried every possible sollution I could find online, for example:- rolling back the update- ctrl...
  7. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after update: In 2019 laptop ran out of battery during an windows update. After rebooting with poweradapter plugged in, my laptop gave black screen. Was working perfectly fine before that.I've tried every possible sollution I could find online, for example:- rolling back the update- ctrl...
  8. Black screen after update

Black screen after update: Well, basically i formated my laptop and removed everything and i installed windows 10, everything was going fine, 2 days later an update started downloading and after it was finished i restarted my laptop for the update to take effect, so after i login to my account its...
  9. Black screen after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after updating: When I try to log into windows, I get a black screen. This randomly fixes, but I noticed it happens after updating windows submitted by /u/Not_derpy_i_swear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc3jg6/black_screen_after_updating/
  10. Black screen after update

Black screen after update: I updated my Lenovo laptop,and after finishing it the screen turned black.I tried restarting it and nothing happened.The screen is flashing just a lighter black if that makes sense Tried all the solutions but nothing helped....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. obs black after windows update