Windows 10: Screen black + cursor after a BSoD

Discus and support Screen black + cursor after a BSoD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Nothing helps, I restarted the PC multiple times and even took out and put back in the battery as a guide said. Help!! submitted by /u/rifflefan_... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rifflefan_, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Screen black + cursor after a BSoD

Nothing helps, I restarted the PC multiple times and even took out and put back in the battery as a guide said. Help!!

submitted by /u/rifflefan_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rifflefan_, Jul 24, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Screen black + cursor after a BSoD

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Screen black + cursor after a BSoD

1. Screen black + cursor after a BSoD - Similar Threads - Screen black cursor

2. Black screen with cursor after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor after reset: After I reset my computer it shows a black screen with a cursor. Any fix I've seen for this issues has be press ctrl+alt+del do have a blue screen pop-up. This doesn't work for me, no matter what I've tried I can't get anything to show up. If anyone knows a solution to this...
  3. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  4. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  5. Black Screen With Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor after Login: Hello, i have some issues with my laptop after i turn on the power button, and fill up my lockscreen password, the screen is turning black but i can still move the cursor, is there any idea how to fix this? pls help :...
  6. Black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after login: There are multiple related issues and I think I tried EACH and EVERY suggested solution so please read below before suggesting standard steps - I've done them already. My laptop boots normally but I see black screen after I log in to any Windows user account. SITUATION...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  8. Black screen with cursor after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor after restart: This is a new pc build, so no previous windows install that I can roll back too. After restart, it'll bring me to a black screen and if I move my mouse to my right, my cursor will appear. Any ideas how I can fix this? A post I read from 4 years ago says that Windows is...
  9. Black screen with cursor after login?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  10. Black screen no cursor after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no cursor after reset: My computer crashed shut down. After that windows 10 would not start properly. I tried resetting my pc. It finishes resetting and then starts installing windows. During the installation my screens goes black and I have no cursor. Ive tried to enter the options to try and...