Windows 10: Screen blacking out while watching videos

Discus and support Screen blacking out while watching videos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi . When watching videos on my laptop (hp envy x360) The screen continues to black out while the sound plays in the background. I am unsure whether it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lewisgrosvenor, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Screen blacking out while watching videos

Hi . When watching videos on my laptop (hp envy x360) The screen continues to black out while the sound plays in the background. I am unsure whether it is a faulty driver or I need to update my laptop ?

Hope you can help

Thanks

:)

lewisgrosvenor, Oct 30, 2018

2. re: black screen when watching videos

hi I keep getting a black screen when watching videos on internet explorer or chrome

jgomez88525, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Screen flickers black, on and off only while watching a video

Hi Cheyanne,

Usually, flickering screen is caused by a software conflict or a corrupted display driver. Based on what you’ve mentioned, it happens while watching a video. Just to confirm, are you
    playing the video online or is it a saved video on your computer? To troubleshoot this concern, I’d suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    article.

Feel free to respond for any results.

Louie Del, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Screen blacking out while watching videos

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Screen blacking out while watching videos

1. Screen blacking out while watching videos - Similar Threads - Screen blacking while

2. PC blue screened while watching video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blue screened while watching video: My PC blue screened and got this error in the event logs:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xffffc884edcb78e0, 0xffff93092f4586a0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122023-7406-01.dmp....
  3. PC blue screened while watching video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC blue screened while watching video: My PC blue screened and got this error in the event logs:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xffffc884edcb78e0, 0xffff93092f4586a0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122023-7406-01.dmp....
  4. Random black screen while watching YouTube

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen while watching YouTube: Hello. I was watching LTT Linus tech tips and out of nowhere, a random black color took over my screen. Audio was still playing, but any button presses and mouse clicks didn't work. I held my power button for about 15 seconds woah, too long... I've had this before with RAM...
  5. Random black screen while watching YouTube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen while watching YouTube: Hello. I was watching LTT Linus tech tips and out of nowhere, a random black color took over my screen. Audio was still playing, but any button presses and mouse clicks didn't work. I held my power button for about 15 seconds woah, too long... I've had this before with RAM...
  6. black screen when browsing or watching videos on YT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen when browsing or watching videos on YT: this problem is coming and going...its happeing every 2-3 days or sont!KeBugCheckEx:fffff806`043f6f20 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:ffff850b`131eefa0=00000000000000500: kd> !analyze...
  7. Windows Blue Screen while watching YouTube video

Windows Blue Screen while watching YouTube video: I was watching a YouTube video on Chrome on my computer, when the audio froze and my computer blue screened shortly after. But the video portion of the screen was still there, just a little darker, so it covered the entire blue screen message, and I wasn't able to make out...
  8. Random black and blue screen crashes while watching a video, looking at basic webpages with...

Random black and blue screen crashes while watching a video, looking at basic webpages with...: Hello, Since I built my PC in mid-May 2020, I've been having some weird issues with it crashing to a completely black screen with no video/audio, and also BSODing when doing anything ranging from viewing normal webpages and watching YouTube videos, to playing a game...
  9. Blue screen while watching videos or surfing on browser

Blue screen while watching videos or surfing on browser: Hi everyone, I have blue screen issue for a long time. I got it on those times; - while playing games csgo,pubg 4-5 times - while watching videos on twitch,youtube,mpc player. 4-5 times - while using twitter on Mozilla Firefox Browser 1 times - while listening music...
  10. Why screen doesn't lock while watching video?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why screen doesn't lock while watching video?: Why screen doesn't lock while watching video? Which service stops screen from getting locked while playing videos ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-screen-doesnt-lock-while-watching-video/6545eb78-a58f-42cf-b64c-af642650ec54