Windows 10: screen blackout during clean windows installation

Discus and support screen blackout during clean windows installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I have just bought a win10 pro license and I am trying to install it. When I get to the customisation part of the installation the screen goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dexagon, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Dexagon Win User

screen blackout during clean windows installation

Hi!

I have just bought a win10 pro license and I am trying to install it.

When I get to the customisation part of the installation the screen goes blank and black.

I have tried all my monitor ports on my pc, tried to have only one plugged in as well as having all my monitors plugged in.

The blackout comes as if on a timer. The first time came when I just got to customisation and had to be AFK for a short while and the last time I had gotten past a lot of settings.

When rebooting I either get the windows 10 installation reboot or I get a message telling me that no proper boot media could be found.

What can I do?

:)

Dexagon, Mar 28, 2021

2. Blackout while installing windows ?

Just clean install my computer yesterday and right in the Finishing Up step after Installing features and updates step done, there is blackout and my computer turn off right in the Finishing up step and back on after 2 minutes and windows continue the installation as usual without problem, until windows successfully installed on my computer. I've been using my computer for couple of hours and nothing problem, everything just fine. But i am worried about the blackout during the installation can cause damage which will happen later because maybe some file not yet installed because blackout.

mikelferdinan, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 28, 2021
  4. screen blackout during clean windows installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

screen blackout during clean windows installation

1. screen blackout during clean windows installation - Similar Threads - screen blackout during

2. Screen Blackout

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Blackout: I got a new psu 750W and since then my main monitor (I use two) randomly will go black for like 2 seconds and then come back on. It seems to be at random times so I have no idea
  3. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  4. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  5. BSOD during clean install

BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  6. Screen blackout

Screen blackout: Why does my screen blackout when I pause a video? How do I fix t? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blackout/7807522d-f74a-4e9f-8511-a0d2346f02db
  7. screen blackout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen blackout: screen blackout frequently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blackout/7d1d6f19-908c-41bf-bc31-6af21c06c392
  8. Screen Blackout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Blackout: I made the mistake of letting someone use my Windows 10 desktop for a few minutes. Afterwards my screen which is always on started to go black after a few non-use minutes. How do I get it back to "normal"? I've been through Settings and cannot find a way to correct this....
  9. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...
  10. Windows 10 stuck in bios screen during clean install

Windows 10 stuck in bios screen during clean install: Before this happened, I was resetting my windows 10 and it ended with error, thus leaving my pc no operating system. There was no problem in booting except for the no os. So I tried to install Windows 10 again with dvd bootable made by Windows 7 usbdvd tool, via external...