Windows 10: screen blackout

Discus and support screen blackout in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; screen blackout frequently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blackout/7d1d6f19-908c-41bf-bc31-6af21c06c392 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lillian lin, Aug 13, 2020.

1. screen blackout

screen blackout frequently

:)

lillian lin, Aug 13, 2020

2. Blackout while installing windows ?

Just clean install my computer yesterday and right in the Finishing Up step after Installing features and updates step done, there is blackout and my computer turn off right in the Finishing up step and back on after 2 minutes and windows continue the installation as usual without problem, until windows successfully installed on my computer. I've been using my computer for couple of hours and nothing problem, everything just fine. But i am worried about the blackout during the installation can cause damage which will happen later because maybe some file not yet installed because blackout.

mikelferdinan, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Screen blackout

How do I make my screen blackout time longer? I use Windows 7.

Irene Locke, Aug 13, 2020
  4. H A M 985 Win User

screen blackout

Screen Performs a 'Blackout' When Playing Videogames

So, for the past many months now I've infrequently encountered issues with the display blacking out; which is to say that the screen cuts to black, I hear an error message from Windows, and the computer continues to receive input (with no screen output)
    evinced by sound tones from keystrokes. The only solution is to then restart the computer.

The causes of the blackouts are arbitrarily specific, and are repeatable. I can perform a very specific action in a specific videogame to cause the blackout, which makes the issue avoidable (which explains why I've waited so long to seek support). For example,
    there is a map in an FPS game that takes place in a shopping mall. If I travel to a specific store in the shopping mall, walk to close to a specific spot--all the while looking at it, I get the blackout. This problem has only existed across two games; Destiny
    2, and Escape from Tarkov.

Now, with the problem explained, I have taken steps to troubleshoot it.

To rule possible GPU failure, I performed multiple stress tests--benchmarks--without failure; the results indicated the GPU was functioning optimally. I then reinstalled my display drivers multiple times using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to ensure no
    trace of the driver remained; there was no change from this. I decided to examine Window's Event Viewer, and every instance of a blackout suggested "dwm.exe" was at fault.

I'm not sure what could cause dwm.exe to fail, or what could be done to resolve the failures.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

H A M 985, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

screen blackout

1. screen blackout - Similar Threads - screen blackout

2. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  3. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  4. why my screen keep scrambled or blackout at random time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my screen keep scrambled or blackout at random time?: my screen keeps going scrambled or blackout at random time. sometimes it keeps restart my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-screen-keep-scrambled-or-blackout-at-random/a0c65116-3dfd-440a-9312-93fc63161d9a
  5. why my screen keep scrambled or blackout at random time?

why my screen keep scrambled or blackout at random time?: my screen keeps going scrambled or blackout at random time. sometimes it keeps restart my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-screen-keep-scrambled-or-blackout-at-random/a0c65116-3dfd-440a-9312-93fc63161d9a
  6. Old windows icon pop up after screen goes blackout for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old windows icon pop up after screen goes blackout for 1-2 seconds: Once or twice a day, my laptop screen freezes and goes blackout for 1-2 seconds and I see the following screen coming up which just disappears automatically in 1 secondUsually I've my "Night light" ON which also goes off after that blackout but still it is ON in the settings...
  7. Old windows icon pop up after screen goes blackout for 1-2 seconds

Old windows icon pop up after screen goes blackout for 1-2 seconds: Once or twice a day, my laptop screen freezes and goes blackout for 1-2 seconds and I see the following screen coming up which just disappears automatically in 1 secondUsually I've my "Night light" ON which also goes off after that blackout but still it is ON in the settings...
  8. While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.: Hi, I've been using my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming computer with a Samsung 24" monitor for five months. Two days ago, I started experiencing disconnections on my 2nd screen after logging in a second time. While the application is running on the second screen, there are...
  9. While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.

While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.: Hi, I've been using my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming computer with a Samsung 24" monitor for five months. Two days ago, I started experiencing disconnections on my 2nd screen after logging in a second time. While the application is running on the second screen, there are...
  10. While the application is running on the second screen, there are blackouts for a second or two.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging