Windows 10: Screen blank at boot no cursor

Discus and support Screen blank at boot no cursor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I boot, I get a blank screen (w/o cursor). I tried booting into safe mode without success. Computer is Windows 10 originally. I tried using sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nedrod, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Nedrod Win User

Screen blank at boot no cursor

When I boot, I get a blank screen (w/o cursor). I tried booting into safe mode without success. Computer is Windows 10 originally. I tried using sfc command. Nothing found. Monitor is working. I removed ssd and replaced with another. I could only restore image with one two months old. (I know, I screwed up.) I would really like to get it back working since I have some crucial work on it. Any ideas?

:)

Nedrod, Jun 25, 2016

2. blank screen with blinking cursor at boot to win10

I created the ISO DVD. Booted the computer and after the blue windows logo and dancing dots I got a "Windows Setup" box that says:

"It looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove the media from your PC and and click Yes. If you want to perform a clean installation instead, click NO.

I selected Yes for continuing with the upgrade

My computer went thru the initial boot and got stuck on the blinking cursor again.

I am afraid to select clean installation because I do not want to loose any of my programs (ie Microsoft Office) or any of my data.

Any other suggestions?

andrewa_333, Jun 25, 2016
  3. blank screen with blinking cursor at boot to win10

Hi Andrewa,

Thank you for the update.

You can go back to Windows 7 by using recovery option in Windows 10. This is possible only within the 30 days from the date of upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

If it has passed 30 days, unfortunately recovery option cannot be used to go back to previous version until fresh install.

Type Settings in search bar and click it > Update and Recovery
    > Recovery > Go back to previous OS

Also, if you perform clean install, the name itself says clean.

Do feel free to write to us in case you have any issues/concerns while working on your computer, we'll be happy to assist you.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 25, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Jun 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Screen blank at boot no cursor - Similar Threads - Screen blank boot

2. Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup: Hello Everyone, Both my and dad's computer sometimes get stuck while starting and can't even get to the password screen. Sometimes the keyboard works while this happens e.g num lock/caps lock gives light when you press them but the cursor never appears. The fan works like...
  3. blank screen will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen will not boot: How can I boot in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-screen-will-not-boot/780d029d-0955-48b6-a9b7-c64d3ab6a6c0
  4. screen turning blank with cursor

screen turning blank with cursor: when i factory reset my window 10 in hp stream ,it boots and says preparing windows but after mins it turns into black screen with a cursor....how to fix this error?...
  5. Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor

in Windows 10 News
    Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor: [ATTACH]When you boot a computer, and all it shows is a black or blank screen with a blinking cursor (it may look like an underscore), […] This article Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows not booting up; blank screen with a blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows not booting up; blank screen with a blinking cursor: I was gaming past midnight one day and when my mother found that out, I had to force shut down my laptop before she snatched it away. After receiving it back after months, I’m unable to boot it up. On pushing the power button I am greeted by the acer logo followed by a black...
  7. blank screen on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blank screen on boot: i am booting my windows 10 machine with a vga connection to an acer monitor. The computer boots ok as i can hear the windows chime but i cant see anything on the monitor it just goes blank but it is not black it is blue/purple and It is responding to the computer signal. It...
  8. Windows 10 booting into blank screen with mouse cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 booting into blank screen with mouse cursor only: Hi all, I wanted to know if anyone could help with the below. I currently have a Windows 10 laptop that was working without issues for a while, however after a restart the laptop appears to load windows but never get to the login screen, only show a blank screen with...
  9. Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank): Hey everyone. I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while, or has been in the past. Was upgrading to windows 10, I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck...
  10. blank screen, active cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    blank screen, active cursor: an old friend has phoned me up in a panic and will phone back later for advice. Her 4-year old laptop, running Windows 10 is just showing a black screen at start up, with active cursor. We have a Windows 10 laptop here, but I do not use it and am not familiar with the system....