Windows 10: Screen blanking

Discus and support Screen blanking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I view the screen at anagle from the side it looks all white and milky - If I look at it perpendicular screen it looks fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BvRamanand, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Screen blanking

When I view the screen at anagle from the side it looks all white and milky - If I look at it perpendicular screen it looks fine

:)

BvRamanand, Aug 10, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Aug 10, 2019
  3. kodex Win User
    Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Screen blanking

blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Screen blanking

1. Screen blanking - Similar Threads - Screen blanking

2. Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen....: I press ALT-CTRL-DEL to switch users. The screen takes me to the blank (initial Windows screen). I press ALT-CTRL-DEL again and the screen turns light blue then the spinning icon comes on the screen. It spins for about 2-3 minutes and then returns to the blank initial sign...
  3. intel chipset driver error which cause blank screen with spinning dots\

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel chipset driver error which cause blank screen with spinning dots\: My computer keeps running into a problem every time I try to do latest updates and restart. When I restart my pc I get a blank screen with spinning dots and it doesn't go any further. I either have to boot in safe mode or reset my pc to get back into the OS. Once inside I...
  4. [SOLVED but ???] Lenovo 100S-11IBY screen doesn't wake up from sleep (Black/blank screen)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [SOLVED but ???] Lenovo 100S-11IBY screen doesn't wake up from sleep (Black/blank screen): See Updates added to the bottom of this post for the fix info. I have no idea why it is now working! I had to wipe out the old Windows 10 Home version on this computer. After a Windows Update session almost a year ago, BitLocker decided to encrypt the primary drive of this...
  5. Lenovo 100S-11IBY screen doesn't wake up from sleep (Black/blank screen)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo 100S-11IBY screen doesn't wake up from sleep (Black/blank screen): Had to wipe out the old Windows 10 Home version on this computer as after a Windows Update session over a year ago. BitLocker decided to encrypt the primary drive the computer. Was never asked where to store the recovery key to save is so I could get in after being...
  6. Windows 10 required update cause screen to go blank

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 required update cause screen to go blank: Recently, I installed that Windows 10 update that said something about it being required and that the old version is not supported anymore or something like that. It turns the desktop light blue (vs. dark blue). Shortly after login, the screen goes blank. I found no way of...
  7. Black / Blank screen on boot up, no wireless mouse or keyboard functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black / Blank screen on boot up, no wireless mouse or keyboard functions: Running windows 10 - 1903 As of yesterday, we believe after an update, PC boots to a black screen AND has no wireless mouse or keyboard functionality. Have checked cords, changed cords, checked the monitor source AND changed the monitor. No change. The monitor light...
  8. USB reconnecting continuously with blank screen [Attention Required]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB reconnecting continuously with blank screen [Attention Required]: Hey folks, Suddenly, USB keeps connecting and disconnecting keeping cursor in the middle. This is really annoying issue as I am not able to work on the laptop due to the same. Have a look at the issue: https://vimeo.com/349450771 I am with the latest driver available and...
  9. SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10: I RESTARTED MY LAPTOP AT AROUND 8.30 AM (WIN 10 )STILL THE SCREEN IS BLANK DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING . IS IT A PROBLEM OR THE UPDATE IS INSTALLING...
  10. Windows 10 update 1903 - Toshiba Satellite s55t blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1903 - Toshiba Satellite s55t blank screen: After upgrading to 1903, I am able to login and the desktop appears, but several seconds the display goes blank with no mouse cursor. I can add a monitor over HDMI, but it only works set to "second display only". Any selection involving the main display causes all displays to...