Windows 10: Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

Discus and support Screen blanks when I try to capture anything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Faststone capture and have never had any problems capturing a screen (full or selected area) until now. Since the recent Windows 10 update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pewe, Mar 19, 2019.

1. pewe Win User

Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

I use Faststone capture and have never had any problems capturing a screen (full or selected area) until now.

Since the recent Windows 10 update, whenever I try to capture a screen the screen goes blank.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

:)

2. Paola Gar Win User

Screen Capture software

Hi,

Upon checking on your concern, we have found a suggestion that may help you take a screenshot of the dropdown menu using the Snipping tool. Please follow the steps below:

• Launch Snipping tool.
    • Right-click the menu you wish to take a screenshot.
    • Press CTRL + Fn+ Print Scrn.
    • Once you've already taken the print screen of the menu, you may try using the snipping tool and check if it will be able to capture the drop down menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Screen capture

I could not find screen capture window in Xbox. Where to find out Screen capture utility in windows10? Kindly give step by step help.

shrikanttillu, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

1. Screen blanks when I try to capture anything - Similar Threads - Screen blanks try

2. Windows Security Blank Screen When Trying To Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Blank Screen When Trying To Open: This is all I see when trying to open Windows Security on my Windows 11 pc, I've tried everything including wiping my storage devices and resetting my pc....
  3. Windows Security Blank Screen When Trying To Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Blank Screen When Trying To Open: This is all I see when trying to open Windows Security on my Windows 11 pc, I've tried everything including wiping my storage devices and resetting my pc....
  4. when i turn on my camera,it dispaly only blank screen and does not display anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i turn on my camera,it dispaly only blank screen and does not display anything: my camera not working when ever i click camera app it shows black sceen only and display nothing .when i tried to click take picture on black screen it shows me error ,which can be seen in the picture....
  5. when i turn on my camera,it dispaly only blank screen and does not display anything

when i turn on my camera,it dispaly only blank screen and does not display anything: my camera not working when ever i click camera app it shows black sceen only and display nothing .when i tried to click take picture on black screen it shows me error ,which can be seen in the picture....
  6. Can't record or capture anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't record or capture anything: I can't configure or use the recording feature of windows 11. I've tried every article I found including uninstalling xbox game bar, xbox app, using powershell, modifying registry, as well as disabling controlled folder access in Widows Security to no avail. Is this is a...
  7. Can't record or capture anything

Can't record or capture anything: I can't configure or use the recording feature of windows 11. I've tried every article I found including uninstalling xbox game bar, xbox app, using powershell, modifying registry, as well as disabling controlled folder access in Widows Security to no avail. Is this is a...
  8. Screen goes blank when trying to login with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Screen goes blank when trying to login with microsoft account: Hello,I've been using windows 10 for about 2 years now, but i have never come across this problem.I play this game called Minecraft,I buyed Minecraft while using my Microsoft account as my account in-game. or a login method to access my account. so to play this game at its...
  9. Black screen when trying to do anything on boot.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when trying to do anything on boot.....: It started when i notice my steam icon was missing off my desktop and vortex unpinned on my bar...when i opened a window i noticed it took a really really long time to appear...i did a restart and then the boot took forever and would just go to a blackscreen.... after 3...
  10. Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen when press anything on Windows Sign In screen: [IMG]Hello.. Have anyone ever encountered something like this before? So I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I got this as a wallpaper since it's usually show me HD scenery wallpaper. But the worse part, after I press any key, or click...