Windows 10: Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

Discus and support Screen blanks when I try to capture anything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Faststone capture and have never had any problems capturing a screen (full or selected area) until now. Since the recent Windows 10 update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pewe, Mar 19, 2019.

1. pewe Win User

Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

I use Faststone capture and have never had any problems capturing a screen (full or selected area) until now.

Since the recent Windows 10 update, whenever I try to capture a screen the screen goes blank.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

:)

2. Paola Gar Win User

Screen Capture software

Hi,

Upon checking on your concern, we have found a suggestion that may help you take a screenshot of the dropdown menu using the Snipping tool. Please follow the steps below:

• Launch Snipping tool.
    • Right-click the menu you wish to take a screenshot.
    • Press CTRL + Fn+ Print Scrn.
    • Once you've already taken the print screen of the menu, you may try using the snipping tool and check if it will be able to capture the drop down menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Screen capture

I could not find screen capture window in Xbox. Where to find out Screen capture utility in windows10? Kindly give step by step help.

shrikanttillu, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Screen blanks when I try to capture anything

1. Screen blanks when I try to capture anything - Similar Threads - Screen blanks try

2. screen capture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen capture: how do I save screen to a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-capture/1a438ef0-6fc3-4b55-9dfc-5c3e868149b4
  3. When I try to open This PC it doesnt work and instead just blanks the screen and then show...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I try to open This PC it doesnt work and instead just blanks the screen and then show...: pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-this-pc-it-doesnt-work-and/6dfe7a30-28b5-46a3-8a62-7901a0f11748"
  4. Capturing TV screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Capturing TV screen: Hello, the following is of mine interest: We have a cable TV and our provider gives us an option to capture movies or documentaries at a VIRTUAL storage. According to this we can look for a captured item about 30 days after the initial emission. This items are at a virtual...
  5. Blank Screen when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blank Screen when unplugged: I have an ASUS x555l laptop running Windows 10, which has all the appropriate updates since I bought the laptop in 2015 and installed Windows 10 as a free download when it was made available. My problem is that when I am on battery power, the screen immediately goes blank...
  6. White blank screen when open an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White blank screen when open an app: I got white blank screen when open some program, but it's still click-able button if i can found the button location. Like if i click the "cancel" button it will close the program like if its normal. this is the example of "white blank screen" when i run docker. It's not...
  7. Screen Capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Capture: How do I take a screen capture photo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/screen-capture/a8c755aa-b603-40ba-b6db-75ac36002b44
  8. Pictures/Screen/Menus bounce up and down when I try to click anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pictures/Screen/Menus bounce up and down when I try to click anything: So each time I open a picture, or try to do anything with my computer, the screen i am currently on bounces up and down rapidly. It does not let me click on anything. I have looked at a few threads here, but nothing i have seen works because as soon as i try to do what it...
  9. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen: I hope you can help, I have been 'updating' windows 10 from windows 7 since Monday. The screen has remained blank since then. Nothing is happening at all. After turning it off, the start up screen is just the windows 10 logo then the screen goes blank. Please help as now...
  10. Screen capture question

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen capture question: I have two monitors connected to my desktop PC. When I press Print Screen, it only captures one of the screens. Last year and before, it used to capture both screens. Is there a setting with which I can restore the ability to capture both screen? Thank you for...