Windows 10: Screen blink

Discus and support Screen blink in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running windows 10 pro 64 bit system. I'm using a LG 43 inch 4K ty as a monitor. My monitor screen will instantaneously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by richardwaltonTA, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Screen blink

I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running windows 10 pro 64 bit system. I'm using a LG 43 inch 4K ty as a monitor. My monitor screen will instantaneously go off and come right back on in the blink of an eye. Everything running doesn't miss a beat, just that blink. It happens roughly 6-7 times a day and my desktop is on from 7 am until 11 pm everyday, although the monitor is only on roughly half that time. This started happening when I ran into a problem and had to reinstall windows 10. I checked all the drivers. Anything about this would help.

:)

richardwaltonTA, Dec 6, 2018

2. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Monitor screen blinking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be, when the monitor screen blinks frequently. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Screen blink

desktop screen blinks

Hi Chanda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with blinking screen after upgrade to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the screen flashes?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article by Andre Da Costa and check if you are able to access after log-in.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

Refer to the section: Blinking or Flashing desktop after log in

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Screen blink

1. Screen blink - Similar Threads - Screen blink

2. My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...: My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but system is running.Checked and updated display drivers' multiple times, rollback driver done, reverted to default Microsoft drivers-...
  3. My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...: My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but system is running.Checked and updated display drivers' multiple times, rollback driver done, reverted to default Microsoft drivers-...
  4. Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...: Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my computer account password incorrect Please help!I also tried the safemode..cant login my computer account always incorrect password...
  5. Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...

Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...: Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my computer account password incorrect Please help!I also tried the safemode..cant login my computer account always incorrect password...
  6. Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. [URGENT HELP] Blinking Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [URGENT HELP] Blinking Black Screen: [URGENT HELP] Can you please help me, im having troubled turning on my laptop but it keeps boot looping stuck in windows logo and it keeps loading , and then i tried to follow a tutorial on youtube which led me to accessing the Command prompt and system restore, after a...
  8. [URGENT HELP] Blinking Black Screen

[URGENT HELP] Blinking Black Screen: [URGENT HELP] Can you please help me, im having troubled turning on my laptop but it keeps boot looping stuck in windows logo and it keeps loading , and then i tried to follow a tutorial on youtube which led me to accessing the Command prompt and system restore, after a...
  9. [URGENT HELP] Blinking Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why is my screen blinking on and off?

Why is my screen blinking on and off?: My screen keeps blinking on and off on the start up screen won’t let me do anything. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-screen-blinking-on-and-off/54662242-91fd-44f7-ab40-a01f23ed40cb