Windows 10: Screen blinking issue, bug issue in new Windows 10 Pro Version 1703

Discus and support Screen blinking issue, bug issue in new Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I manually upgraded to the new 1703 release of Windows 10, and this OS is very stable. I burned the ISO and did an in-place upgrade from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lmaneke, Apr 8, 2017.

1. lmaneke Win User

Screen blinking issue, bug issue in new Windows 10 Pro Version 1703

Hi,

I manually upgraded to the new 1703 release of Windows 10, and this OS is very stable.

I burned the ISO and did an in-place upgrade from Version 1607 on 3 PCs, and got this weird issue.

All of them have NVIDIA graphics cards, and instantly after upgrade, the screens started flickering. I had to reinstall the drivers in order to stop the flickering as there was an issue with the GeForce Experience after upgrade.

The other bug that's kind of annoying, is the new app and features view in the settings app. It brings up all the programs like "Programs and features", but what I don't like, is how UAC keeps popping up when trying to uninstall a program, and the program attempting to run is Rundll32.exe, and the uninstall fails due to it can't find the uninstall program.
    If I go to programs and features in control panel, all uninstall programs buttons work correctly and no issues..

Maybe a bug in the new Apps and Features app in settings? I haven't tried a clean install to see if it gives the same issue.

Maybe I should have waited a while after the 1703 rollout to ensure the bugs were out of it.

:)

lmaneke, Apr 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade to 1709 changed from pro to education

Some of our windows 10 pro 1703 machines have auto updated to 1709 via a windows update direct from MSFT not WSUS.

The issue is however since they have upgraded to 1709 they have changed version to Education instead of pro and are asking for activation. Is this a known issue/Bug?

Phillip Shilling, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Desktop and Taskbar issue

Hi

I'm using windows 10 pro version 1703 on surface pro 4 a, after the latest update I saw a refreshing bug in taskbar and my desktop icons. witch means taskbar and desktop icons keep blinking (like the time when you refresh your desktop)every x minutes.

what is the cause or how I can end this annoying bug?

thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MohammadGhavidast, Apr 8, 2017
  4. lmaneke Win User

Issue fixed.

Had to do a clean install of Windows.

Here's what happened.

I had Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 on my primary hard drive, and Windows 10 Pro RTM version 10240 initial release on a separate 320 GB drive with some of my other stuff on it.

I decided to unplug my 320 GB, and only have the Primary drive installed. The computer booted, and told me that Windows 10 Pro 1607 was the OS installed. Unplug the primary 1 TB, plug in the 320 GB drive, and Version 10240 boots up. Now, what's weird, is if I plug in both drives, and boot it up, it would say Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 is installed.

I have no idea what happened here, but I've never seen this before.

I tried to do a clean install of Windows, and initially it told me I had an upgrade in progress, and needed to restart the computer to complete the upgrade. I restart the computer with the 320 GB unplugged, and guess what, now it says there's no operating system installed. Great.

Restarted, wiped my drive clean, clean install of 1703 with my primary drive plugged in only. Windows runs great now, no issues.

I'm wowwed by this. After 12 years of being a computer​ tech, I've never seen this before.

lmaneke, Apr 9, 2017
  5. lmaneke Win User
    Nope, issue not fixed. I reinstalled everything and still having the same problem. Probably going back to Version 1607 until they get some bugs worked out of it. I'm happy I've got a system image to recover from.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen blinking issue, bug issue in new Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 - Similar Threads - Screen blinking issue

2. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  3. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  4. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  6. Screen flickering/blinking issue

Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade version 1703 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade version 1703 issues: Hello, I am facing issues to upgrade Windows 10 ver. 1703 to higher versions. Due to this, i am not able to install any softwares from outside Microsoft Store, even though my system is not in S mode. I have tried using Windows update assistant, but still of no use. It is...
  8. Brand New Build Having Issues With Win 10 (Version 1703)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Brand New Build Having Issues With Win 10 (Version 1703): Spending so many hours trying to find something to fix this. I've even gone out and bought a new Windows 10 USB. Can I somehow just install the new version? The 1703 version won't update and is not allowing me to install my graphics card. Help!!...
  9. Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

Screen Flickering & Blinking issue: Few months ago i tried to install Linux (Ubuntu) in my HP Notebook. After installing, the screen starts flickering & blinking. Couldn't solve it. So i get back to windows but facing the same issue here in windows also. I have two graphics card. One is Intel HD graphics 620 &...
  10. Version 1703 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1703 Update Issues: Yesterday my Windows 10 laptop finished applying the following updates: 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64 based Systems (KB4049011) 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64 based Systems (KB4048954) 2 017-11 Security Update for...