Windows 10: Screen Blinking On and Off During Video Playing and (weirdly) Excel and Word

Discus and support Screen Blinking On and Off During Video Playing and (weirdly) Excel and Word in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having an issue with my screen (I have a laptop). It blinks on and off, but only at certain times - such as when I am playing a video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamescollins9, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Screen Blinking On and Off During Video Playing and (weirdly) Excel and Word

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with my screen (I have a laptop). It blinks on and off, but only at certain times - such as when I am playing a video or entering information on Excel or Word (but only when I'm typing in the latter case - it doesn't blink on and off if I don't move anything).

I need to make clear the distinction between merely flickering and blinking - the screen flat out goes black. The computer remains on though.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

I've switched off Error Reporting and de-installed Norton software, and yet the problem persists.

Regards

James

Moved from: Excel / Windows 10 / Office 2016

:)

jamescollins9, Oct 18, 2018

2. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Screen Blinking On and Off During Video Playing and (weirdly) Excel and Word

ALL OF MY EXCEL & WORD DOC FILES

Hi Daniel,

We would like to know more about your concern. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are the Excel and Word documents the only files affected?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Screen Blinking On and Off During Video Playing and (weirdly) Excel and Word

1. Screen Blinking On and Off During Video Playing and (weirdly) Excel and Word - Similar Threads - Screen Blinking Off

2. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  3. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  4. Screen flicks or blinks when playing video in Premiere Pro 2022

Screen flicks or blinks when playing video in Premiere Pro 2022: My screen flicks when i'm playing a video sequence in Premiere Pro 2022. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flicks-or-blinks-when-playing-video-in/d685bc01-536b-43c9-8899-3641061a8150
  5. Screen flicks or blinks when playing video in Premiere Pro 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flicks or blinks when playing video in Premiere Pro 2022: My screen flicks when i'm playing a video sequence in Premiere Pro 2022. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flicks-or-blinks-when-playing-video-in/d685bc01-536b-43c9-8899-3641061a8150
  6. Screen blinking on and off i think.

Screen blinking on and off i think.: I have a stationary PC with windows 8.1. It is a couple of years old and to be fair, that might be the problem. Anyhow, it has started to blink. for about half a sec it si totally black. Sometimes a couple of restarts makes it go away. sometimes just turning the monitor on...
  7. Word and excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word and excel: I bought this computer with word and excel already installed, no discs or install codes were given. I received an automatic upgrade from microsoft November 10th and installed the upgrade as usual. When I tried to open an excel file it changed the file name and would not open...
  8. Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel and Word: Why just out of the blue do I get this pop up when I open excel and word that says "We're sorry, but excel and word has run into an error that is preventing it from working ,,,,,, " This prevents me from working as it just closes on it's own. There is always something with...
  9. Weird flashing / blinking (?) on my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird flashing / blinking (?) on my screen: So I am not sure why, but that issue occured since i did input some commands in powershell given from a youtube video. The issue i have is that i have sometimes some weird blinking. It looks like that in the following imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/bcqq9dX . I honestly got...
  10. Black screen during game play and videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen during game play and videos.: I recently installed my new GTX 1050 Ti and updated it with all the latest drivers from the Nvidia website but for some reason my monitor keeps black screening whenever I start up a game or go to watch a video on Youtube. It's not too bad with the videos as it happens for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do when my pc screen is playing videos weirdly