Windows 10: Screen blinking under one account - on all computers

Discus and support Screen blinking under one account - on all computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently the screens started flashing on my primary computer. In task manager, I could see windows explorer going into suspend mode and then back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenWiens, Oct 20, 2018.

1. KenWiens Win User

Screen blinking under one account - on all computers

Recently the screens started flashing on my primary computer. In task manager, I could see windows explorer going into suspend mode and then back to normal. Happens a little faster than once per second. System entirely unresponsive except in safe mode (where it works fine)

After numerous attempts following all the suggestions on this site, I bought another mini pc and installed windows on it. Shortly after, it started to blink. I went to another computer in my home and logged in (using my microsoft account) and after a while it started to blink.

I've isolated the problem to my microsoft id. With any other account it all works fine (all 3 computers). Because the problem starts on any computer I log in to, I don't believe there is anything wrong with my computer, but rather something attached to my profile in my microsoft ID that loads when I log in.

I'd rather not create a new id and reinstall every program on every computer I own - so is there away to cleanup the information (corruption?) associated with a microsoft ID?

:)

KenWiens, Oct 20, 2018

2. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 20, 2018
  3. zornhau Win User
    Right-click on shortcuts and .exe's causes screen to blink + no menu

Hi - Bizzarro problem with Windows 10. Help appreciated!

In any account, including Administrator ones AND the Administrator account:

• If I right-click a desktop shortcut, the screen blinks black. No sign of the context menu.
    • If I locate an .exe in its folder and right-click that, the screen blinks black. The folder closes. No context menu.

Related, perhaps:
    • In a Standard account, if I try to turn down the UAC settings (so my son can use Steam without me logging him in each time), the Windows accepts my administrator password, then ignores my changes.

Notes
    • I have recorded the blink and played it back frame by frame. No message or anything appears. The screen merely goes black.
    • Windows 10 otherwise seems to work fine.
    • I have done virus scans etc.

All this makes it very hard to set up Standard accounts that are any use. Any help would be appreciated.

zornhau, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen blinking under one account - on all computers - Similar Threads - Screen blinking under

2. My HP all in one Computer screen is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP all in one Computer screen is black: I was in the middle of playing a game and the computer screen just went black. The noises stopped, the keyboard stopped lighting up but the power button and fan is still on.I have tried reseating the memory, cleaning the fan, doing a hard reset. Nothing works. I can’t get to...
  3. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  4. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  5. Screen Blinks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blinks: Hello, Expert! I recently downloaded an update of Windows OS 10 on 15.12.2020. Next day during a presentation, I tried splitting my Screen and as a result of which the screen turned Grey however my WebCam was still on. For the past 3 or 4 days, I am observing that while...
  6. Computer blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer blinking: My computer has been randomly shutting down and a blue screen pops up. I scan the QR code and the link it sends me to doesn’t help me fix my computer. I have tried moving all my files to a hard drive, shutting down and resetting my computer, and updating all the software....
  7. Number of installs under one MS account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number of installs under one MS account?: How to i check how many installs i'm allowed with my account and with which version of Windows? Recently I've clean installed Win 10 on my personal machines, but noticed that they automatically activated with a "digital license linked to my MS account", but to that account I...
  8. Can't open GForceExperience under one Windows account but no problem under another account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open GForceExperience under one Windows account but no problem under another account: by saying account, I mean the account to log in the system, not GForceExperience account. So my PC has two accounts, mine and my wife's. I'll need to log into her account to update my Nvidia driver everytime. Another mystery is, I can only launch Battle.net within a certain...
  9. Screen blink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blink: I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running windows 10 pro 64 bit system. I'm using a LG 43 inch 4K ty as a monitor. My monitor screen will instantaneously go off and come right back on in the blink of an eye. Everything running doesn't miss a beat, just that blink. It happens...
  10. blinking screen

in Windows 10 Support
    blinking screen: Hey ya'll I had a problem with my pc (windows 10) It had an error 655335, I tried to restart it in safe mode but when I selected f5 and pressed entered the screen started blinking white and blue alternatly and it has been doing that ever since. Plzzzzz help I confused *Sad...