Windows 10: Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card

Discus and support Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using the Intel video in my i7 6700K without problems but obviously poor frame rates. I installed an ASUS RX580 video card and all is well... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Apr 14, 2019.

1. fireberd Win User

Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card

I have been using the Intel video in my i7 6700K without problems but obviously poor frame rates.
    I installed an ASUS RX580 video card and all is well except with Firefox. Only with Firefox I get screen flashing like its refreshing. I assume this is because of the way Firefox handles video, but it didn't do it with the Intel video (that I know of). Edge does not do it and regular Windows apps and games do not do it. Just Firefox. Is there a setting in Firefox that will eliminate the (very fast) "blinking"???

:)

fireberd, Apr 14, 2019

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card

Monitor screen blinking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be, when the monitor screen blinks frequently. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card

1. Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card - Similar Threads - Screen Blinks Firefox

2. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  3. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  4. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen or Video Card?: I walked out of my office and when I came back in, the bottom half of my screen is pixelated and has vertical lines running through the bottom half and the menu bar is pink. I plugged the laptop into my TV via HDMI and the picture on my TV is fine. Does this indicate my...
  5. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen or Video Card?: I walked out of my office and when I came back in, the bottom half of my screen is pixelated and has vertical lines running through the bottom half and the menu bar is pink. I plugged the laptop into my TV via HDMI and the picture on my TV is fine. Does this indicate my...
  6. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screen Blinks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blinks: Hello, Expert! I recently downloaded an update of Windows OS 10 on 15.12.2020. Next day during a presentation, I tried splitting my Screen and as a result of which the screen turned Grey however my WebCam was still on. For the past 3 or 4 days, I am observing that while...
  8. Firefox and pictures/videos

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and pictures/videos: For a while I'm having problems with displaying of pictures and some videos. For pictures at some sites (a lot of them) instead of a picture I see only it's placeholder, sometimes just a grey background or nothing. Video problems manifest mostly as black screen with circle as...
  9. Video tearing in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Video tearing in Firefox: I'm on Firefox 68.0.1 64bit and recently I've started getting video tearing on all video in the browser. I've tried enabling and disabling hardware acceleration in the settings, as well as "use recommended performance settings", I've tried setting v-sync in my Nvidia driver...
  10. new video card blank screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    new video card blank screen: So, my old 670 burnt out in a weird way where it would do basic video but only if nvidia drivers werent installed, if they were installed then the system with that card was a brick. Was using a 550 while waiting on shipping, works fine but obviously can't have good settings...