Windows 10: Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos

Discus and support Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From february to now i've been having some flashes when watching some videos on specific sites like sho**ee's videos and even on Reddit's videos. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marcelabraga1, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos

From february to now i've been having some flashes when watching some videos on specific sites like sho**ee's videos and even on Reddit's videos. When the video starts, the screen goes black and then, goes back to normal sometimes it flashes again and again. The same problem happens on the Windows+G screen, even though i hadn't opened the video. Only opening the windows+G is enough to activate the issue.

I played some games like Calico and Fall Guys, and the problem doesn't show, seems like the problem doesn't trigger when i play games, only when i play videos, and it is not any video.. facebook's, twitter's, youtube's videos don't trigger the problem. Is there any chance of this problem be related to the OS? Like, i contacted the processor's manufacturer and they took a lot files that i've sent them, they said no problem was found. Idk what to do. I've tried anything, upgrade/downgrade the video card drive, motherboard's chipset drive, OS, update BIOS.. nothing changed :

:)

marcelabraga1, Apr 12, 2021

2. Black screen with a blinking LED power light after installing the newest video driver

My HP p6754y desktop running Windows 10, only loads to a black screen with a blinking LED power light after I updated my Geforce gtx 560 ti video card to the latest Geforce driver.

Things I have tried to resolve the issue:

1.) I reset my computer to the original Windows 10 settings.

2.) I used a well recommended driver cleaner to clean out all the Geforce files, and reinstalled the new driver again AND did the same with a older stable drivers, that used to work fine, both in safe mode and regular mode.

3.) I stopped Windows from auto installing the windows driver while I was trying to install the video driver and repeated #2.

4.) I tried all the above with the analog cable connecting the computer to the monitor as well as with the HDMI cable, and as well with both connecting and trying to switch the setting between the two on the monitor.

5.) I have removed the Geforce card used the onboard video card and it works fine.

6.) The screen works fine in safe mode or if the Geforce card is disabled.

7.) Black magic

Is there something in WINDOWS 10 or in an update that is conflicting with my video card or video drivers??? It seems like maybe windows 10 is trying to kick my system to the original onboard video card everytime I enable the Geforce card with whatever driver
    is installed??

Or is it possible the video card died?

SIDE NOTE: The video card had a short time (a couple hours) that it worked fine with the new driver and the latest Windows 10 update. Then I accidentally set my resolution settings too high which caused a conflict with the monitor. I fixed that issue
    by changing my connection to a HDMI cable, and that worked for a couple hours before it went to a black screen with the blinking LED light and hasn't worked since.

Thanks for your help in advance!

p6754y

p6754y

StephenEvans1, Apr 12, 2021
  3. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Apr 12, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos

Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card

I have been using the Intel video in my i7 6700K without problems but obviously poor frame rates.
    I installed an ASUS RX580 video card and all is well except with Firefox. Only with Firefox I get screen flashing like its refreshing. I assume this is because of the way Firefox handles video, but it didn't do it with the Intel video (that I know of). Edge does not do it and regular Windows apps and games do not do it. Just Firefox. Is there a setting in Firefox that will eliminate the (very fast) "blinking"???

fireberd, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos

1. Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos - Similar Threads - Screen blinks black

2. Windows 11 screen blinks for a few seconds when watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen blinks for a few seconds when watching videos: Is this a known bug with Windows 11? If so, are there any ways to fix it? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-blinks-for-a-few-seconds-when/cd000064-716d-487d-bb6e-10273c6f1be8
  3. Windows 11 screen blinks for a few seconds when watching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen blinks for a few seconds when watching videos: Is this a known bug with Windows 11? If so, are there any ways to fix it? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-blinks-for-a-few-seconds-when/cd000064-716d-487d-bb6e-10273c6f1be8
  4. Screen flicks or blinks when playing video in Premiere Pro 2022

Screen flicks or blinks when playing video in Premiere Pro 2022: My screen flicks when i'm playing a video sequence in Premiere Pro 2022. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flicks-or-blinks-when-playing-video-in/d685bc01-536b-43c9-8899-3641061a8150
  5. Screen flicks or blinks when playing video in Premiere Pro 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flicks or blinks when playing video in Premiere Pro 2022: My screen flicks when i'm playing a video sequence in Premiere Pro 2022. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flicks-or-blinks-when-playing-video-in/d685bc01-536b-43c9-8899-3641061a8150
  6. Computer Crashes with Black Screen - Not Sure if Video or Audio or Dropbox Related

Computer Crashes with Black Screen - Not Sure if Video or Audio or Dropbox Related: Hi thereWindows crashes to a black screen randomly from a few minutes to a few days and I can't get to the bottom of it. Initially it looked like the hard drive as a sector was bad on that so I replaced it and did a clean install. However, it started happening again.I seem to...
  7. Computer Crashes with Black Screen - Not Sure if Video or Audio or Dropbox Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashes with Black Screen - Not Sure if Video or Audio or Dropbox Related: Hi thereWindows crashes to a black screen randomly from a few minutes to a few days and I can't get to the bottom of it. Initially it looked like the hard drive as a sector was bad on that so I replaced it and did a clean install. However, it started happening again.I seem to...
  8. Computer Crashes with Black Screen - Not Sure if Video or Audio or Dropbox Related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Nothing windows related will open. Something seriously wrong. See video.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nothing windows related will open. Something seriously wrong. See video.: https://youtu.be/de6ZfduJ2VQ https://youtu.be/Gdhuze_UisI As seen in the video, miscrosoft store wont open, xbox companion wont open, also can't even open the "feedback hub" from my start menu, it does the same thing as everything else, auto closes. Have tried updating...
  10. Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card

in Browsers and Email
    Screen Blinks in Firefox with RX580 Video Card: I have been using the Intel video in my i7 6700K without problems but obviously poor frame rates. I installed an ASUS RX580 video card and all is well except with Firefox. Only with Firefox I get screen flashing like its refreshing. I assume this is because of the way...