Windows 10: Screen brightness automatically changing, can't find how to turn this off. Any ideas?

Discus and support Screen brightness automatically changing, can't find how to turn this off. Any ideas? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have checked with DELL forums, DELL technicians and elsewhere and tried many different ways to solve this problem without success.My laptop's screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewCropper, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Screen brightness automatically changing, can't find how to turn this off. Any ideas?

I have checked with DELL forums, DELL technicians and elsewhere and tried many different ways to solve this problem without success.My laptop's screen when not connected to the power adapter changes brightness depending on what's on screen. I've changed all kinds of settings which seem to have worked for when the power adapter is plugged in but as soon as I pull the adapter out the screen goes back to changing again. It's driving me crazy as I use this laptop for image/photo editing and I get headaches from this continuing flickering brightness change.For an example of what I mean see t

:)

AndrewCropper, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Screen brightness change automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the screen brightness change automatically while watching videos.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the PC recently?
    • What is the model number of Lenovo Yoga PC?

Windows 10 has the ability to automatically adjust the screen brightness depending on the ambient light levels. This feature can be more annoying than helpful, either leaving your screen too dark or frequently
    adjusting the brightness levels.

If you are using Lenovo YOGA 3 Pro-1370, I suggest you
    Disable auto brightness feature
    and check if it helps.

Additional information:

How to disable automatic brightness adjustment on Windows 10

https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht503796

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Aug 10, 2021
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Screen brightness automatically changing, can't find how to turn this off. Any ideas?

Laptop Brightness Changing Automatically.

With Windows 10, the screen brightness is automatically measured by windows, so it turns the screen brightness to what ever it likes based on the surrounding, however if your brightness is at max and your unable to change it back i would suggest trying,
    to manually change the screen brightness in the action center and to do this, just open up the action center and then at the bottom of the action center there should be a brightness slider, adjust the brightness to your liking.

if you need more help please refer to this website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026946/windows-10-change-screen-brightness

I hope this helps.

FrancisHayle, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Screen brightness automatically changing, can't find how to turn this off. Any ideas?

1. Screen brightness automatically changing, can't find how to turn this off. Any ideas? - Similar Threads - Screen brightness automatically

2. How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?: Hi, I don't have the option to adjust the brightness, and the brightness on the screen adjusts to me depending on what is being displayed. It really annoys me and there is no option to turn it off....
  3. How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?: Hi, I don't have the option to adjust the brightness, and the brightness on the screen adjusts to me depending on what is being displayed. It really annoys me and there is no option to turn it off....
  4. How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't turn off automatic brightness

I can't turn off automatic brightness: Hi, I have a DELL Latitude 3540 with Windows 11 22H2. I have this common issue where W11 automatically adjust the screen brightness and contrast based on content that’s displayed.I've searched the microsoft docs and forums to resolve this, but nothing works....
  6. I can't turn off automatic brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn off automatic brightness: Hi, I have a DELL Latitude 3540 with Windows 11 22H2. I have this common issue where W11 automatically adjust the screen brightness and contrast based on content that’s displayed.I've searched the microsoft docs and forums to resolve this, but nothing works....
  7. I can't turn off automatic brightness

I can't turn off automatic brightness: Hi,I have a DELL Latitude 3540 with Windows 11 22H2.I have this common issue where W11 automatically adjust the screen brightness and contrast based on content that’s displayed.I've searched the microsoft docs and forums to resolve this, but nothing...
  8. I can't turn off automatic brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn off automatic brightness: Hi,I have a DELL Latitude 3540 with Windows 11 22H2.I have this common issue where W11 automatically adjust the screen brightness and contrast based on content that’s displayed.I've searched the microsoft docs and forums to resolve this, but nothing...
  9. Screen takes long to turn on and can't change brightness after automatic display turn off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen takes long to turn on and can't change brightness after automatic display turn off...: After i update my laptop to windows 11, a lot of bugs occured but most of it got fixed along with the newer updates, but one problem still remains and it's really annoying.Windows power plan have the option to turn off display automatically after some time, and also the...
  10. I can't turn off Change brightness automatically...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn off Change brightness automatically...: I can't turn off Change brightness automatically when lighting changes thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-off-change-brightness-automatically/c6748792-a252-47e1-a1b7-97dea350a7d9