Windows 10: Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes

Discus and support Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very annoying issue that i noticed after installing a GTX 980 which replaced my RX 550. When the screen becomes dark, i.e watching a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by METLHOUND, Jan 27, 2019.

1. METLHOUND Win User

Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that i noticed after installing a GTX 980 which replaced my RX 550. When the screen becomes dark, i.e watching a movie or playing games that have low light, the screen goes dim. If the scene remains in low light the brightness constantly changes according to the amount of light on screen. This is extremely annoying especially if im watching a show like punisher which is pretty much all at night or in a dark setting. The brightness constantly keeps adjusting which makes no sense because low light on screen becomes darker making it harder to see. If its not in fullscreen the brightness does stay constant however i suspect that the white search bar in chrome and the taskbar in windows contribute to that.

This is obviously a desktop and my monitor (LG 24M35) does not have any auto adjustment features or a light sensor. The nvidia drivers are up to date and the old amd control panel has been uninstalled. I have also found that nvidia control panel does not have any auto brightness features which leaves windows being the last problem.

I am running windows 10 x64 with an AMD A10 with all the latest updates. Even though its a desktop my power plans all have 'enable adaptive brightness' set to 'off' and am running it in the high performance power plan option. Also ran an SFC scan with no integrity violations.

In other forums and discussions people suggest using task scheduler to reset some settings but i dont have the display option under microsoft> windows.

Someone please help because this is ridiculous i just want to get through the second season of punisher and play games with the computer trying to give me a seizure or migraine.

Thanks,

Patrick

:)

METLHOUND, Jan 27, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jan 27, 2019
  3. small101 Win User
    Windows 10 - screen brightness issues

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am having problems with the brightness on my Sony Vaio laptop. It keeps dropping to the lowest setting, meaning that the screen is constantly dark and when I change the settings to increase brightness, it only stays bright
    for a minute or two and then it returns to the lowest setting. I have been through all the settings on my machine and my drivers are up to date. I just can't find a solution to the problem. Any suggestions?

small101, Jan 27, 2019
  4. ICG01 Win User

Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes - Similar Threads - Screen brightness constantly

2. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  3. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  4. Change the monitor display from bright to dark.

Change the monitor display from bright to dark.: The original display of the monitor was dark and the functions seen in File Explorer are in bright. How do I go back to this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-monitor-display-from-bright-to-dark/989312e5-78d2-41b6-80f1-ba76ffe52c6c
  5. frames on video playback scramble in dark scenes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    frames on video playback scramble in dark scenes: due to my previous question, i am having an issue with my frames during video playback as they scramble in dark areas or dark scenes of the video, this has never happened before, i would like some information or solution to solve this problem?, thanks!...
  6. frames scambling during dark scenes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    frames scambling during dark scenes: when i play a video or a game, in dark areas my picture frames seem to scramble in video playback and also my games start to show the frames scrambling, i had to download this peixoto patch to help get my tomb raider 2 fmv back as i downloaded a patch to bring my bgm back for...
  7. Screen Brightness changing on its own -- incrementally darkens on a dark-colored screen,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Brightness changing on its own -- incrementally darkens on a dark-colored screen,...: This doesn't seem to be related to "adaptive brightness" settings in any way, and it's driving my crazy. I could understand if the screen got brighter when I'm looking at a dark-colored page, but the opposite happens -- the screen gets darker on dark-colored pages, and...
  8. change screen brightness

change screen brightness: I have updated my computer and it still does not work I also cant turn on the night light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/8efc0d03-b30b-45b6-8dba-e5ae5fd498c8
  9. Change to Dark Screen

Change to Dark Screen: How can I enable the dark theme of Windows 10, so I can rest my eyes at night? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-dark-screen/8ef3bcfd-698d-48fe-8e45-760a7a6322f8
  10. Screen changing brightness constantly!!!

Screen changing brightness constantly!!!: This has now become infuriating for me so any help would be appreciated. Basically, I have noticed that my display changes from very bright to very dim every ten seconds or so. It happens especially when I watch a video in fullscreen (netflix or amazon prime). I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor auto dim movie laptop dark